Fallen firefighters

i'mhooked

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused :think I know we are doing red ....but are we doing gold or yellow....

I have yellow ones done but no big deal ..I can use them for something else....I have Vanna in gold and I just bought some cornmeal...Let me know so i can get these done and send them to ya...

I too have done squares in yellow. Some others have done squares in gold. I think either would be fine. I am sure that the two colors (yellow and gold) shouldnt be a problemand will spread the colors around accordingly.

If I recieve enough squares I plan on doing more than one afghan (maybe one for the neighboring firehouse where Capt. Broxterman's fiance serves).

I too have done squares in yellow. Some others have done squares in gold. I think either would be fine. I am sure that the two colors (yellow and gold) shouldnt be a problemand will spread the colors around accordingly.

If I recieve enough squares I plan on doing more than one afghan (maybe one for the neighboring firehouse where Capt. Broxterman's fiance serves).

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've checked my stash and with all the totes and bags of yarn I have, I haven't found any red or yellow. My DS was going to take me shopping yesterday, but I have had a migraine for the past 3 days so no shopping. I will be having an epidural on Wednesday, and if we leave early enough or I feel up to it, we will be stopping at JoAnn's since it is real close to where I will be. Would you prefer yellow or gold? I could have sworn I had a skein of bright yellow around here (I'll look again).

If you receive enough squares, have you thought about an afghan for the Delhi fire station where Brian also worked?

Sorry I haven't posted lately. I've checked my stash and with all the totes and bags of yarn I have, I haven't found any red or yellow. My DS was going to take me shopping yesterday, but I have had a migraine for the past 3 days so no shopping. I will be having an epidural on Wednesday, and if we leave early enough or I feel up to it, we will be stopping at JoAnn's since it is real close to where I will be. Would you prefer yellow or gold? I could have sworn I had a skein of bright yellow around here (I'll look again).

If you receive enough squares, have you thought about an afghan for the Delhi fire station where Brian also worked?

DOnt feel obligated to make a special trip-- it sounds like you have plenty on your plate with health issues-- I hope you feel better, and I hope all goes well with your epideral :fever.

I have thought that if I recieved enough squares of making multiple blankets, I will have to see the number of squares that I get/can make.

I wasn't satisfied until I took a trip to WalMart to get the right colors. I got gold and red. Then I wasn't satisfied with any of the designs I already had so I went surfing the internet. I found this one called Shield of Honor. It's a version of the Maltese Cross symbol of firefighters. If anyone is interested in this pattern I'll post the sight. It's meant to be a 12 inch square but I used a G hook instead of an I and only did 7 rows insteadof 10 and finished with a row of double crochet all around. It come out to 8 inches.

ShieldofHonor003-1.jpg?t=1208118845

ShieldofHonorgold001-1.jpg?t=1208126343

I completely missed this entire page of posts. I found this square the other day and was hoping I could modify it to use if I ever found red and yellow. I am so glad that someone else found it and posted it since I forgot to.

I was looking for something in my closet and I found a bag of yarn stuffed in the back. And guess what......I have 2 shades of red, bright yellow and gold yarn :clap:clap. And in the bag were 2 8 inch squares already made in the bright yellow. SO....so far I have those 2, plus today I have been busy and made 5 more. The five I made today are the 'Shield Of Honor', 2 of each shade of red and one gold. That puts me at 7 and I'm not stopping yet :crocheting:crocheting

Hopefully mine arrive today or Monday.

Tracy,

Your squares arrived on Saturday. I am sorry I didnt post sooner, I was out of the house and away from the computer all weekend. The sqaures are marvelous! Thank you so so much!:c9

Tracy' date='

Your squares arrived on Saturday. I am sorry I didnt post sooner, I was out of the house and away from the computer all weekend. The sqaures are marvelous! Thank you so so much!:c9[/quote']

I am so glad they arrived safe and sound.

Archived