Fallen firefighters

i'mhooked

Thank you all so much! I cannot begin to express to you how grateful I am to you for your support. :hug

In some way or another I was connected to each of the fireman at the scene that sad morning, from the 2 that died to the one that was pulled out and the one who pulled him out :cry. Although I didnt know them directly I have been affected by this terribly and strangely enough even though the comfort-ghan is for them I am finding comfort as well through making these squares.

You all are a swell group of people!!! :ghug

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap :clap :c9 I am so excited. I had made 2 red squares. Then I had to go out today and... well, my van pulled in HL parking lot. It wasn't me. It was my van. :P

So I decided to go being that I was already there. And I found RHSS in gold :eek:hook I had never seen the RHSS in gold before. Needless to say I have already one square made out of my newfound color :clap

I am gonna be mailing you on Monday cause I have about 4 packages to send and I wanna send them at the same time. It's hard for me to get out of the house.

One of my uncles was a FF.

The only time I seen RH in a goldish color was in the sport weight which was such a small skein and a lot more $ then the regular--

Thank you so much for your help with the squares :hug. My hook has been keeping me very busy, thankfully!

The RHSS that I got at HL is gold. Well, that's the color name Gold.

I also have cornmeal which is similar. What got me excited is that I finally found the exact color I was looking for. It was same skein size and same price. :clap

I live in Walton KY and the news and funerals were all over the television. I'd love to help out.

Maybe after completing the two afghans in question you would have soooo many squares that we could donate squares for completed afghans to be given to people who have lost their homes. I'm sure that the firefighters would have lists of people who lost everything and who might appreciate a nice afghan.

Donna

I live in Walton KY and the news and funerals were all over the television. I'd love to help out.

Maybe after completing the two afghans in question you would have soooo many squares that we could donate squares for completed afghans to be given to people who have lost their homes. I'm sure that the firefighters would have lists of people who lost everything and who might appreciate a nice afghan.

Donna

Thanks for the support! I think that your idea is good too-- I'll see how many squares I end up with.

I wasn't satisfied until I took a trip to WalMart to get the right colors. I got gold and red. Then I wasn't satisfied with any of the designs I already had so I went surfing the internet. I found this one called Shield of Honor. It's a version of the Maltese Cross symbol of firefighters. If anyone is interested in this pattern I'll post the sight. It's meant to be a 12 inch square but I used a G hook instead of an I and only did 7 rows insteadof 10 and finished with a row of double crochet all around. It come out to 8 inches.

ShieldofHonor003-1.jpg?t=1208118845

ShieldofHonorgold001-1.jpg?t=1208126343

Your squares are beautiful :cheer My husband's a FF and I didn't even think of doing a Maltese cross look for the squares to donate. How clever are you! :clap

Your fireman afghan is gorgeous! I havent done any type of graph things yet-- I am intimidated. :scared

I think the square with Brian's name is absolutely wonderful-- much better than I could have done! Thank you so much! You are great!:manyheart

Give me your opinion too, I was thinking of a third black square with the date "04/04/2008" on it. Do you think that would be too much? If its too much work I could do it. I thought it might be nice to put between the two name squares. Let me know your thoughts.

Give me your opinion too' date=' I was thinking of a third black square with the date "04/04/2008" on it. Do you think that would be too much? If its too much work I could do it. I thought it might be nice to put between the two name squares. Let me know your thoughts.[/quote']

Great minds think alike. I was thinking of doing one and surprising you with it! Oh well....so much for the surprise...LOL

Archived