Huge CPC Glitch

RachelG

Hi,

Hopefully y'all are in bed and not using CPC. Because if you are (trying) to use CPC: not a single link in the directory works.

This is because Rachel (me!) did something INCREDIBLY STUPID just a few minutes ago (trying to change the name of a domain which switched its links while doing her usual link check) and now every single link has the name of that site before it. (I need an undo button!)

My techs are going to shake their heads and roll their eyes when I ask them to fix this, let me tell you. (Thankfully it was backed up Friday...I think. Hopefully the site can be restored to the way it was Friday without any trouble. I just madly dashed over to save the links I added Saturday and can quickly re-add them once its restored.)

Just had a terrible thought...s'pose they can't restore it? S'pose I have to go through 10,000 links by hand getting rid of the link at the front of each real link? Where's that fainting icon?? :lol:)

So hold on to your hats...hopefully it won't be long before everything is back to normal.

Good. Now go have some coffee and relax. All that stress is bad for you!

Yeah...I agree with the stress part. As for the coffee, I don't have any, as I only drink it on special occasions. Now as for that chocolate in the freezer, well... :D

I'm glad it's fixed. I maintain a website, so I understand your stress when things go wrong.

I just wanted to cry for you when I read your post. Same thing happened to me with my cell phone in that its software crashed and I lost EVERYTHING in my phone- phone numbers that only existed in the contact section. Anyway, I had to pay $50 to get it back up and running and have learned to back up my work. I can't imagine having to redo all of the work on your website! Ug! But so happy to see it was fixed!! Yea for you! I love the site, Carey

Archived