Whats on your hook for Christmas 2008?

Common, I know you all have something in the works!

I'm looking for some ideas!

My Mom has 2 gifts down for next Christmas (counted cross stitch) I was going to crchet a roll of TP for one of my BIL(s)...(inside joke...The sisters took a road trip to visit them, and my baby sister SOOO had her TP feeding from the wrong direction...we got alot of miles of laughs out of it) for his B'day, but...I decided he will have to wait for X-mas.

Thats where I stop. I gave my middle sister her felted bag already...I just can't seem to help but give them away as soon as they are finished.

So...Merry Christmas and whats on your hook?:think:manyheart

Nothing :( My daughter having baby in Nov, so I am sure I'll be busy making baby stuff.

You are right though, gotta start Christmas soon.

I think I'll make doilies for my daughters. Maybe a ghan for my son. Dunno what I could do for my sons-in-law.

Afghans for my nephews and a tablecloth for either my MIL or my SIL - or maybe both if I have enough time. I'd like to do something for my sisters too since this will be our first Christmas without our mother. I did a scarf for my niece's birthday & she would like another for Christmas. Of course, I'd never have time to do all of these things - I'll just get as far as I can & then stop.

:think Let's see, I am wanting to make a few adult afghans...but I will be lucky if I get the first one done! I've been working on it since the middle of Jan. and haven't got to far. I got tied up on doing a christening set and atleast one baby afghan for my DD. Her baby is due the end of next month and I am about 80% done on the christening dress.

Makes me wonder if I will ever get it done! Oh Well!!!

Then I look at some of these post and now I want to hurry up w/ the christening outfit and baby afghan and work on one of those CAL Catherdral Rose Window Afghan. So, I am not sure if I will ever get the first afghan done!!! ;)

i am planning on making a few doilies for my daughters teachers for xmas. she will have the same 2 primary teachers next year. other than that i have no gifts in mind that are crocheted right now. i am still trying to find the "right" patterns to make them.

Let's see...good idea to make a list so I can visually realize all I have to do...

• thread tablecloths for my mom and gm
  • vintage-inspired handbags for my aunts
  • knitted soap sweaters for everyone
  • stuffies for my dds and niece
  • booties and blankies for the babies
  • dresses for my dds
  • double-sided scrubbers for the men and women in my family
  • bottle cozies for my uncles (for their glass bottles)
  • tree garlands for each family (gingerbread people, stars, popcorn, snowmen)
  • a 12 Days of Christmas ornament set (4 designs down, 8 to go!)

Hopefully, I can get all of this done before December. If not, I'll do what I can and go from there. :hook

I am making 3 afghans ,one each for my daughter's roommates at college. This fall will be her senior year, and they have been together most of the whole 4 years. I am using up lots of leftover ww yarn that I have left from charity projects and some that I have received from my friendly Crochetville friends in swaps. :hook

They should be done by Christmas!! tee hee :lol

I know I "HAVE" to make a couple of "Spiderman" RR's for my two nephews!! Ever since the "kitchen swap", I've been on a "chicken potholder" frenzy!! :lol :lol Plus I've been making dishrags and potholders like they're going out of style!! I'm also going to make two of my granddaughters each a crochet "tea set". That's about it so far!! :hook

The only thing I have planned for Christmas is four kitchen sets (2 dishcloths, two hot pads and some coasters), one for each of my aunts. So far I have three sets done. One more to go.

Other than that, no other plans to crochet Christmas gifts. It's just mom and dad and me, and they have two afghans each already that I've made.

Archived