Shawler CAL

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently completed my second Shawler. This one I did in Bernat Berella. It was the first time I used Berella; I know it's an entirely different type of yarn than Homespun (I did use Homespun for my first) but I found a deal I couldn't pass by. This one I did as a swap gift.

Shawler2Feb2008-1.jpg

I meant to say I know this one probably looks pretty small on me! I just wanted to take a pic to share because I mailed it to my swap partner a few days ago and keep a file of all my projects. I'm a bit over 5'8" though and she is several inches shorter so I kept watchful of that to make sure she wouldn't end up swimming in it.

Shawler2Feb2008-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I frogged the cream Shawler three times and decided that it was just that fact that an all over cream garment isn't me :eek I need COLOUR so yesterday hubby treated me to 10 skeins of Colourama (he didn't realise he'd treated me until I met him after I'd been on the yarn stall ;) )

I started in the new colour scheme last night and I'm up to row 30. I'll add a blog link because my pics are showing up HUGE!

http://kookie-craftsin09.blogspot.com/2009/02/6.html

I love this yarn!!!!!!!!!!

So I frogged the cream Shawler three times and decided that it was just that fact that a all over cream garment isn't me :eek I need COLOUR so yesterday hubby treated me to 10 skeins of Colourama (he didn't realise he'd treated me until I met him after I'd been on the yarn stall ;) )005-4.jpg

I started in the new colour scheme last night and here's my progress so far :D

006-5.jpg

So I frogged the cream Shawler three times and decided that it was just that fact that an all over cream garment isn't me :eek I need COLOUR so yesterday hubby treated me to 10 skeins of Colourama (he didn't realise he'd treated me until I met him after I'd been on the yarn stall ;) )

I started in the new colour scheme last night and I'm up to row 30. I'll add a blog link because my pics are showing up HUGE!

http://kookie-craftsin09.blogspot.com/2009/02/6.html

Wow that yarn is gorgeous and it fits the Shawler just beautifully!

Hugs

Kath

Made these for me, my 3 sisters and my mom for Christmas everybody loved them!!th_X-masandShawlers086.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful picture! I love them all! Are they all Homespun? They look like Windsor, Russet, ?, Nouveau, and Colonial (or maybe Montana Sky?). I don't know the middle one. How close did I come? :huh

May I put your picture on my blog? http://queeniescabin.blogspot.com Customer Gallery

Made these for me, my 3 sisters and my mom for Christmas everybody loved them!!th_X-masandShawlers086.jpg

:cheer Terrific job! :cheer Love the 2nd one from the right. What color is that? Definitely MY colors! :lol

I want to do these for my sisters and my daughters and myself. Don't think Mama would like it but the rest of us would :hook!

Sure go ahead and put them on your blog. And yes they are all Homespun, and you are right on the colors, the middle one is Williamsburg (I am almost positive) and the dark blue one on the end I am not quite sure, that was my first one. Which I decided to keep for me.You might be right about it being Colonial. My teenage daughter wants one, and I made one for my almost sis-in-law and now they all want one.So I still have 4 more to make!

rired41, that is a great family photo of you all wearing your Shawlers :D

My sister saw me working on mine today & says my niece will go mad for it when she see's it, so it looks like at least one more I'll be doing :lol

I've been working on the cuffs today & they've proved to be a pita *lol* I can't seem to keep them straight so I've frogged them :frog and I'm now knitting a k2p2 cuff, it's been a while since I used two sticks so the cuffs will probably take as long as the rest of the garment did! :D

That's a good idea Rired!

I ended up frogging all of the lovely k2p2 ribbing I made (I was impressed I can remember how to knit!) and just doing 10 rows of DC onto each sleeve edge. I've also added a braid & tassel to the hood. I have two more rows on the edging to do and I'll be wearing it tomorrow :D

001-16.jpg

shawler.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!

I went out shopping in it today and smiled at myself every time I caught my reflection, this is definitely a feel good garment for me. Thank you Shelle for the design & thank you my Xmas elf for the RAOK that was this pattern :cheer

001-16.jpg

shawler.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!

I went out shopping in it today and smiled at myself every time I caught my reflection, this is definitely a feel good garment for me. Thank you Shelle for the design & thank you my Xmas elf for the RAOK that was this pattern :cheer

That came out awesome!! I love the colors!!!

This is still one of my top favorite patterns, I go back to it again and again.

Hugs

Kath

Archived