New Book: Melissa Leapman's Cool Crochet

AmyOH

I just finished reading this book--it's got some elegant designs, and great pictures. I've written a detailed review on my blog. Has anyone else read it? There's a glitterspun top I'd like to try, but of course, not until I'm done stashbusting! Also--there are quite a few sleeveless tops--I know lots of people have been looking for those in preparation for summer.

I haven't seen it yet. I think it's one of the new crochet books my library ordered (about time) , so I'm hoping to get a look at it soon.

I caught a quick peek at it the last time I was at Barnes and Noble, but not enough to decide if I want it yet. You are right though, the styles are anything but frumpy or stogey. What a nice change of pace. :)

Today I was looking at another of her books; "Crochet With Style". I am seriously considering this one. I have been looking for a short sleeved v-neck cardigan pattern and there is a cute one in this book.

oh wow- well I took a sneak peak at your posting...and I might just as well get this now - LOL_ theres a couple I see right now that Id like to make!!!..........so I think that I'll buy this for myself for my birthday!- ( thats fair - right ?LOL)- Im sure I deserve it !!!LOL

Fiona

I preordered this on Amazon a while ago and it came today. Judging by the number of post it tags I used -- this book is great. My favorites are Penina a bolero jacket, Darla(the cover sweater) and Julianna - the red cardigan + I have a bunch of others I like and one I am going to make a friend for her birthday.

These are cool, fashionable, fun patterns - I highly recommend this book!

Archived