Comforghan for my mom! UPDATE ~ Pic added on Post #34

donnalynn2

I hate to ask again for help so soon after I just completed a comfortghan for my co-worker but I just got done talking to my step-mom and she really needs a hug.

She's actually not just a "step-mom" to me, she's been a friend and helped to really make me who I am today. I hate the fact that I live so far away and can do very little for her.

Anyway, her mother is 80+ years old (87 I believe) and recently fell, broke her hip and has some other medical problems and isn't doing very well. Hospice arrived and they are preparing for her final days. She's not taking this well at all. Even though my real mom was taken from me so quickly and out of the blue, I guess it isn't any easier when you have been prepared for it for awhile.

I would really like to send her a comfortghan so she has a big hug once her mom is gone.

Any squares that can be contributed would be appreciated. I would like 8 inch squares and I think bright, spring colors would be appropriate. Bright yellows, oranges, pastels and anything SPRING would be nice. Think FLOWERS. Any worsted weight yarn will do so long as it's washable (no wool please.)

Please either PM or e-mail me and I'll give you my info. Thanks again to all my fellow Crochetvillers who are always there to help out when someone is in need!!! :hug:manyheart:hug

UPDATE: She passed away on Weds night. She was 87 years old. My mom is doing as good as can be expected but I don't think it's hit her yet. Thanks to everyone who has contacted me and offered to donate a square!

P.S. I would like the squares by the end of April.

Oooops, I should have thought about a time frame! Actually, I'm not in a big rush for this so I'm thinking between now and the end of April would be great. Since I'm doing smaller squares I know it'll take me a little longer to join them but that's ok. I will be sure to edit the beginning post to reflect the date. Thanks for asking!

I'd be thrilled to help you out with a couple flower themed squares. I think I may still have your address from the last ghan (which was gorgeous BTW). If not, I'll pm you

You can count me in for a couple of squares........and I still have your address from last time :hug:manyheart. I will keep your step-mom, her mom and you in my thoughts and prayers.

You know you can count me in for a couple,

I will keep your mother and grandmother in my prayers!

why does it seem that our prayer list are getting longer and longer :(

hugs,

sissie

Thanks so much everyone! I can't thank you all enough! It seems like when it rains it pours, huh? You guys are all so sweet and always there with a helping hand! I know my mom will love this when it's all finished! I'm not quite sure how many squares I'm going to need since I'm using 8" squares this time but I guess we'll have to wait and see. It looks like I've got a great start though!!!!!!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post an update. Squares have been coming in which is wonderful and I am getting them joined slowly but surely. I am pretty sure I have PMed everyone that sent me squares (with the exception of one person that I'm not sure of their user name.) So if you sent me a puffy that I should have rcv'd by now and I haven't PMed you, please PM me with either your real name or the town and state where the puffy would have been mailed from which would help me track it down a bit.

P.S. I have one from a "Rusty" in OK but cannot figure out who this is for anything to thank personally. Please let me know if this is you or you know who this is so again I can thank them for their generosity. As soon as I get a little further along I will take a progress pic.

P.S. I have one from a "Rusty" in OK but cannot figure out who this is for anything to thank personally. Please let me know if this is you or you know who this is so again I can thank them for their generosity. As soon as I get a little further along I will take a progress pic.

Sorry Donna Lynn, that would be me! Glad to hear they arrived safely. Looking forward to seeing the finished ghan.

Archived