Comforghan for my mom! UPDATE ~ Pic added on Post #34

donnalynn2

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post an update. Squares have been coming in which is wonderful and I am getting them joined slowly but surely. I am pretty sure I have PMed everyone that sent me squares (with the exception of one person that I'm not sure of their user name.) So if you sent me a puffy that I should have rcv'd by now and I haven't PMed you, please PM me with either your real name or the town and state where the puffy would have been mailed from which would help me track it down a bit.

P.S. I have one from a "Rusty" in OK but cannot figure out who this is for anything to thank personally. Please let me know if this is you or you know who this is so again I can thank them for their generosity. As soon as I get a little further along I will take a progress pic.

Hey Donna, I didnt get a PM, does that mean you didnt get mine then? They are from Iowa, I think I put "yarnfeather" on the return address next to my name, which is Heather. Just wanted to check.:hug

Hey Donna, I didnt get a PM, does that mean you didnt get mine then? They are from Iowa, I think I put "yarnfeather" on the return address next to my name, which is Heather. Just wanted to check.:hug

Yes, I did get yours! There was one more envelope I didn't get to last night and it was yours! Thanks a bunch!!!!

Sorry Donna Lynn, that would be me! Glad to hear they arrived safely. Looking forward to seeing the finished ghan.

Thank you so so much!!!! I am overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! :manyheart

I just pm'd you luv. That is very sad. My grandmother has that also. She does not remember anyone anymore. I believe she is 92 or 94. Not sure. Her mind is gone, but, she is very healthy! Yep! She already outlived her mother, who died at the age of 82 I believe.

What you are doing is wonderful. God bless you hun for doing this. For this is where our angels are found. In the generosity of others.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Just wanted to thank you all again for your generosity and to let you know the blanket is finished. I just haven't had a chance to upload any pics in awhile. (Been sick for a couple of weeks and trying to play catch up now!) Anyway, my moms blanket is finally going out in the mail this next week and it ended up being perfect timing because as luck (or lack there-of) would have it, her step-daughter (from 1st marriage) died very suddendly last week. She was very young and nobody saw this coming. She is just a wreck, esp so close after losing her own mom. Since her step-daughter lived out of state and wanted her ashes spread out over Lake Michigan, her funeral isn't until later this week. So she'll get this ghan right after all of this. I only wish I were there for her in person.

Thanks again everyone and I will post again once I get up to date on my pics!

I finally got my pics uploaded and wanted to share!!!! Thanks again to everyone who contributed!!!!

BevComfortghan1.jpg

that is beautiful. I see alot of Love in that blanket.

wow that is sure pretty! what is the pattern you used to join it with?

I am so sorry for your mothers loss and yours:((

your family is in my prayers

Hugs,

sissie

Thanks everyone! I used Crochet Dude's "Dude-Assembly" for joining method. You can get the pattern for free from his blog. It's by far my favorite method for joining squares!

Archived