Hi from Altoona PA

CampRN

HI Rose! My fiance's family is from Altoona! What part are you from? His family is mostly in the 9th ward section. I personally adore the Juniata and Lakemont area :)

I live in the East End of Altoona near Logan School. We have been here for 24 yrs now. Altoona is nice place to live though it has its problems at times. I love looking out my windows and seeing the mountains surrounding the city. Also love taking my daily walks through the neighborhood when the weather is nice.

Rose in Altoona Pa

I used to occasionally go to famous ice cream shop in Altoona in the 68-72 time frame. It was a renewal of the old soda shop idea. Can't remember the name, but it was delish.

Welcome to Crochetville.

Would that be the Meadows Frozen Custard stand? There is one just about a mile from me. I walked there for a hot fudge sundae on my birthday last year. Love the place but save it and its calories for special occasions. ;)

Rose in Altoona Pa

Hi Rose :waving and welcome to Crochetville!

I'm so sorry about your dad. :hug It sounds like your mom's crocheting is keeping her busy and giving her something useful to do with her hands and her time. That's great! :yay

You are in good company here! Everyone I've met here is talented and friendly.

I'm in w pa. MY DH works for Erie Bearings Company in Venango Co., but the company has an office in Altoona, too. Pretty country out your way! Isn't Raystown near there?

Meg

I want to thank all of you for the very warm welcome to these boards. I have found a wealth of information on the various forums. What drew me in the first place is the info on the Serafina shawl. I have completed 2 of them now and and ready to start a third.

And for those who mentioned it--you are so right--working with yarn has helped me as much as it has helped my mother deal with my dad's death. I have completed 4 hats for the Jesse tree and 12 prayer shawls since January. And in doing these and sending them on to help others I feel my comfort. My father had received a prayer shawl near the end and I know he found comfort in it. So I am now giving back. I hope the recipients find as much comfort as he did and feel the peace I felt as I stitched them.

Thank you all again

Rose in Altoona PA

Ahhh, Altoona. We love to go up there and watch trains (I know, you probably think we're nuts.) Drive by the Boyer outlet shop and sniff the chocolate for me :D

I don't think you are nuts at all. We all enjoy watching the trains especially my grandson Cameron. He is 3 1/2 and a huge Thomas fan. And he will stand for ages and just watch for trains. His mom(my daughter) took him on an excursion around the Horseshoe Curve last summer and she said he just sat there mesmerized looking out the window.

My mom lives just across the street from the Boyer outlet--Mallowcups! Yummy!

Rose in Altoona Pa

• 4 weeks later...

Archived