I found my crochet hooks!!!!

I moved a year ago, and could NOT find my hooks anywhere. Even ordered some more vintage hooks from Hooklady, bought some new Bates Silvalumes.

Well, I decided to put some wool roving in a new-to-me cedar chest, and voila! my crochet hooks: all neatly and carefully packed. But, do I remember packing them and putting them in that suitcase? No. And yes, I packed everything myself.

But, hooray, I'm so relieved to have them all again. The thought of having to replace them all again was hard. Vintage hooks and Quicksilvers, pricey and a bit of effort, as you know!

It does pay to start to clean up the living room once in a while! :cheer:c9

Maybe the packing elf packed them in that case. Stranger things happen when someone moves.

I am glad you found them.

:manyheart

It does pay to start to clean up the living room once in a while! :cheer:c9

Well I am very happy that you got your hooks back ...but this seems like an extreme measure just to get some hooks. Surely you can't be serious

:rofl :rofl :rofl

:hug I really am pleased that you got them back. I can't imagine losing track of all my hooks and needles. I would be out on the streets kicking puppies and little old ladies if that happened to me. :hug

Darski, I agree, but well, one must do what one must do. And Priszm, I am sorry, but I only found my own. I'll post a message in Lost-and-Found if any stray hooks cross my path.

Oh Gran, you're doing better than I am. I move in here before Y2K and I still have missing hooks! That's what I get for letting men help me move! They broke some of my dishes too.

Before that move, I always hauled and hefted every bit of my dishes, clothes and personal things, and nothing got lost or destroyed. Let the men to the rest.

You are right ~ how did those hooks show up where you didn't pack them? How have items of mine shown up in my estranged husband's mother's attic? I certainly didn't put them there!

And so it goes.

Nope, you usually only find stuff you've lost when you buy new to replace it. Cleaning anything is an absolutely last resort.

That's why I've ended up with about 6 5mm hooks. :devil Also, about 10 pairs of cheapie reading glasses. :yes The reading glassed have wanderlust. Sometimes, I have all 10 pairs together and an hour later they are all gone but one. (If I'm lucky.) I know I didn't move them. Must have been the cats.

LeslieG, I do hope all your reading glasses are in different strengths. That's how I justify buying a pair (because one more of mine needs to have the ear piece put back on). Those elastic necklaces for eyeglasses took the earpieces off of most of mine. Besides, having a pair of eyeglasses on every table and in every handbag in sooo handy.

VannaB, it's possible! I'm hoping to find everything I had before I moved. Meanwhile, there is only kitchen stuff in the kitchen now. And only bathroom stuff in the bathroom. And only bedroom stuff in the bedrooms. That leaves the living room as,

aargh, the catch all.

Gran, I'm glad you found your hooks! I would be totally LOST without mine. I had a ferret try to drag my hook case off once. :eek It was funny to watch :rofl and a real good thing the case was heavier than the ferret or I would NEVER have found them...LOL

Your hooks are disappearing and I swear that mine are reporducing! I find them all over the place. Drawers, under the seat of my car, in my medic bag, in the chair at work....I had no idea I had so many! I buy the ocassional one, inhereited some and I've won a few sets, but surely not this many! Maybe they're :jumpyayhaving a convention at my house!

Archived