Corset Purse

JennyBunny

I was inspired by someone else's bra purse, and thought to give a try to making something similar, but different. :think

Here is my corset purse, complete with working hooks in front and the lacing in back.

corset002-1.jpg

corset001-1.jpg

Cute I actually have a small red vinyl corset purse that I bought at Kmart years ago. I use it when I go to Ren Faire. Yours is better much bigger!

I like it too...but I have to ask :think...why are bra and corset purses such a rave? Is it just to be different? I don't think I could carry a bag that looks like it just came outta my underwear drawer :eek I've seen a couple bra purses in show-n-tell, and also on Regis & Kelly, Rachael Ray, and other shows, but no one has really said why they are so popular.

Oh my gosh!!! I MUST have that pattern! That's the coolest purse I've ever seen!

I wrote it down as I made it, so I can post the pattern as soon as I clean up my scribblings.

I made this for the challenge of it, plus a friend of mine that loves corsets is pregnant with her third, and will miss out on wearing a corset to The Cure concert at Wembley, so now she has a corset to use during her pregnancy (and it's the right size to hold a bottle or two, lol.)

Archived