People are nuts!!!!!!

For all those that have seen my Spring Swing pattern or the post where I just showed the pics.

My Mom went to lunch with some friends and I let her take the dresses with her to show off. Not only were her friends looking, I guess people all over the restaurant, staff included, came over to the table to look. lol

I cannot believe that one of the diners offered her $300 for ONE dress!!!!! I know they are cute but wow!!!!

For those waiting for the six year old size, just hang tight. I am crocheting as fast as I can but I had to stop and make my Mom some thread flowers. She made a dress that needed an accent but she just can't do those steel hooks. She won't ask me so I have been making them when she's back here on the computer. ;)

What a perfect illustration of finding the right market to get the price you deserve. If you go somewhere where people are used to paying for designer children's wear, you'll get a much higher offer than if you try selling the same item at a local church bazaar.

How many hours did you spend making the dress and how much did you spend on materials? The $300 might actually be a valuation that would accurately and fairly compensate you for time spent...

:cheer

Cheers,

Marika

I saw the pics of those dresses and they are beautiful. I think I might have paid that too if I had a little girl and 300 dollars laying around. It doesn't surprise me because hand crafted items sometimes go for a good amount of money. Those dresses are beautiful.

Those dresses are sooooo cute. I agree with you that $300 is ridiculous but it's whatever the market will bear. I once made my son and my stepson the same western shirts in the early 90's (since they were nowhere near each other they wouldn't know they matched). My son was based at Ft. Leonardwood MO and was offered $50 for the shirt and my stepson living in Johnson Cty, KS was offered $100.

It just depends on how much money the area has and those adorable dresses you've made could bring in a pretty penny if you get them to the right market. ~ Debby

Archived