Mini tote purse....

teakaycee

That I made for fun to see if I could. Hehehee... I like it!

th_DCP02200.jpg

I think I may put lining in it and give it to one of my granddaughters.

:mug

:manyheartThank you all so much for the compliments.... WOW!

You know... this little bag came about one night... as I was in the middle of knitting slippers for my mom. I had this tote in my head... and I dont know about any one else... but when I get a design caught in my head... I need to get it out NOW. Now the real thought was for a larger tote.... but I figured if I just stopped for a few minutes... and made a mini version of what I was thinking.... then I would feel better. Well it worked.

But something I discovered... a day later ... was that I wasnt as creative as I thought.

I really thought I had come up with this little tote on my own... then while surfing for a particular stitch... I came across a site where a lady makes nothing but these types of totes..... *SIGH*

Anyway... the basic design for this little tote is to chain your desired length for the bottom of the tote. Its worked in rounds. DC back down the chain. 2 more dc in the last ch. then continue aroud the corner with dc's back up the chain... adding 1 extra dc in the end.

So you will have 3 dc in the ends and 1dc in ch sp in the middle

you continue working rounds for how ever many rows you want. when you are ready to put in the handle... you simply pick the center of the front and back. dc to the point of starting the handle.. chain a length you are happy with... attach it back to the tote... work to the next handle spot... repeat. Continue to dc in each stitch as if nothing had changed until you are happy with the handle thickness.

TahDah.... a mini tote purse. you can add fabric to the inside if you like.

Okay... so there is a great possibility that I didnt explain this very well... so dont be shy.... yell at me if you dont understand what I was trying to say!

Thank you so much for the pattern.....it is just too cute!

I have a question tho. You wrote...."So you will have 3 dc in the ends and 1 dc in the ch sp in the middle". Do I crochet 3 dc's in each end of each round and 1 dc in the ch sp of each round?

Thank you so much for the pattern.....it is just too cute!

I have a question tho. You wrote...."So you will have 3 dc in the ends and 1 dc in the ch sp in the middle". Do I crochet 3 dc's in each end of each round and 1 dc in the ch sp of each round?

Oh hon............ see... I knew I wasnt clear enough... I'm sorry.

You just do that with the first round.

Now... if you want it to be a bit wider... then the second round do 2 dc in the 3 end dc's. Rounds from then on out... are just 1dc in each st.

did I just confuse you more? :think

Archived