Free New Clothing Patterns - Spotlight Australia

RachelG

yay for spotlight! I actually picked up those brochures when I was last there a few days ago. I have made a beanie out of that bamboo yarn and while it has a beautiful feel it nearly drove me nutty as it splits like crazy!

Ohh, I love the long cardigan! Is Bamboo a WW yarn?

I'm so sorry, I don't know. I'm usually a threadie, although at the moment I'm having lots of fun with some Yarn Bee Labyrinth in neat colors that a friend sent me. :)

I have used it and I would say yes. I used a 4.5mm hook if that gives you an indication.

I have used it and I would say yes. I used a 4.5mm hook if that gives you an indication.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone made up the bolero as yet? I'm about a third of the way in, and I think there's a couple of errors, though I'm not sure because of the location of the possible errors whether I'm right about how to fix it.

Thanks

Bek

• 2 weeks later...

Moda Vera Corn is actually a Spotlight product. I don't think it is actually available at the moment as it has gone out of season....you can try emailing the customer service people on the Spotlight website and see what they say.

All I can tell you about the product is that it's like a woven tube sort of thread, and the packet has the following details:

• Composition: 100% Corn Fibre
  • Grams: 50g
  • Meterage per ball: Approx. 130m
  • Needle Size: 4mm
  • Tension: 20 stitches x 28 rows (10cm x 10cm Square)

I'm not entirely sure what other kind of yarn gives the same finish as this one, but I would say you'd get away with whatever the American equivalent of Australian 8ply is. I also think that Bamboo Cotton would do quite nicely too.

Hope this helps!

Bek

Archived