Felted Purple Slippers

classic crochet

I love these slippers and your pattern looks fabulous, thanks for posting it. When you do place your order at KnitPicks, be sure to get the Wool of the Andes. I love that wool yarn and it felts beautifully.

very cute! is the wool yarn you used a regular worsted weight yarn? I want to try your pattern, but all I have on hand is Patons Classic and I'm concerned it might felt too much.

Paton's Classic Wool felts well. Paton's SWS felts in a nano-second and felts up very thick. Actually, for slippers, that may be a good thing but I'd definitely swatch first because it also shrinks a lot.

Joan

I have a pair all ready to be felted. I will try to take pictures tonight when I get home from work.....it has been so dreary here and the light is really bad. I used Paton's wool for mine.....

I have a pair all ready to be felted. I will try to take pictures tonight when I get home from work.....it has been so dreary here and the light is really bad. I used Paton's wool for mine.....

:yay I can't wait to see them!

Thank you all for the kind comments :hug

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My hubby wants wool yarn. What knitpic yarn would you all recommend. He wants something that isnt too too soft, but i can't stand anything too itchy..LOL (I'm not too picky and I..LOL) Do the wool yarns still felt if its dry cleaned? If I do a tapestry afgan, if i was it, will it become distoreted? If that makes any sense?

ALSO, how do the skein sizes compare to what you buy in the store? Would 2 of those equal a normal size skein from say Red Heart?

Shadow4108, I haven't used Knit Picks yarn yet, so I'm not really much help there. I used Paton's Classic Wool. You might want to start a new thread asking about the dry cleaning as well. I am not sure about that..I just wash my slippers in cold water and let them air dry. As far as yarn amounts you need to go by weight and yardage. Paton's Classic Wool comes in 3 1/2 ounce skeins.

Archived