How Many Have Done This?

I buy for 'inspiration'! I'll see something, or an aspect of something, I like, then try to incorporate it into the mess in my mind of what it's going to cook up the next time I 'doodle' with hook and yarn. Sometimes I'll actually MAKE something in accordance with the pattern, but I usually HAVE to change something!

I'm busily trying to collect all the books, and 'must-have' patterns I missed during the dozen years or so I wasn't crocheting!

:rofl:laughroll

Um, yes. I don't feel so silly now...LOL>

Every once in a while I like to just sit down and flip through all my books and magazines ....

I do the same thing also.:lol:lol:lol

I'm one of the worst! I think, I'll buy that for when I have grandkids, or

that'll be great for gifts, or.... on and on and on ... I finally stopped buying

patterns. I think I have actually crocheted an item out of a book maybe

5 times at the most. Another reason I bought books was to help me to

be a better pattern writer. I'm too busy designing to take time to crochet

someone else's stuff!!! MAYBE SOMEDAY!!! :lol

Ummm, yes, guilty as charged. But I do the same thing with yarn.......I'll find something that's too yummy to pass up, or on sale, or..........whatever, and I HAVE to HAVE IT!!! That's why I have over seven huge plastic storage containers full of yarn. And I still look for more every week!!!

Juli from Texas

I've done it, but I did purchase the book with the express intentions of making something from it....does that count?!

I do the same, it doesn't court.:)

ME! ME! lol.

I do this all the time. I buy a book, Usually on sale, or in a thrift store, or have grandma lend me her mags. I never make the patterns I love. *sigh*

However it is nice to have them to go through when I need to make a gift for someone. I can almost always count on having a pattern for something nice. :)

I didn't have a lot of money when I started (in college) so I couldn't buy a book unless I really really needed it. I always take the free patterns from the store and I go online for most of my stuff. Honestly though, a lot of the patterns out there don't appeal to me. I love to crochet but a lot of the patterns seem too old fashion for my taste. Plus the books are, in my opinion, pretty expensive. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to check the library for some books today...

Uh, is this is a problem?! Yes, I do that too. I love books of all kinds, so it's no surprise that when I started knitting and crocheting that I would want a lot of books and patterns. I like to scan the possibilities. I'm also a technique junkie, so I have Tunisian books, crochenit/cro-hook books, squares, stitch collections, SnB, Crocheting for Dummies, you name it. There will not be enough time if I live to be 100 to do a fraction of them, but I enjoy it. Also, each book may have many patterns, but only a few I actually would like to do or is within my ability level. It's a weedout process--at least that's what I tell myself!

All of mine have been given to me except for a single knitting pattern (it was 15 cents - how can you pass that up!?), a crochet booklet ($2.15 - it was $10), and a book of tons of knitting stitches that I bought when I sold some CDs to the half-price bookstore. All of those were great deals, so it's okay that I haven't made anything, right? I think I will make some of these things eventually, I'm sure of it!

I do that. I'm glad to know I am not the only one!!

Me too!

My problem is too many things I want to make and never enough time to do them all. I wish I could give up working, cleaning and cooking, and then be able to make every thing I want! But I don't think that will ever happen.

:lol

Archived