Hello from Michigan!!

sallymander

:hookWell hello there all you fellow hookers!! I've been lurking in your midst for quite some time now and thought...hey it's a beautiful day, I just found out yesterday that one neice is pregnant and one is getting married, so lots of crochet to do outside of the usual stuff.....I think today's a good day to join your ranks!!!

I've been crocheting for well over 30 yrs, though I did take quite a few yrs off while I was playing seamstress. Those days are over though as I didn't have enough room in my small home for both the sewing stuff and the computer:goodorbad

guess which one I went with.....LOL.

Anyhow..:yay..I just wanted to say Hello!!

sallymander

:flowerWelcome to Crochetville, Sally, from Canandaigua, NY! Isn't it great when you have a new reason to crochet? I will look forward to getting to know you around the board!

Welcome from California!!! An upcoming wedding and baby..You are going to be busy :hook I'm working on a wedding gift myself.....a filet crocheted family name. What about you?

Donna

Hello Sally from a Michigander living on the other side of the ocean! What part of Michigan are you from? You will love it here - everyone is great!

Thank you for the wonderful welcome everyone!!!:nworthy

Donna......as far as what I'm going to make for the wedding and baby gifts.......LAMS........I'll be looking at patterns till a week before I can almost certainly guarantee it. I spend way too much time deciding what I want to make!!!

Kami2000......I live in Hazel Park which is a northern border city to Detroit. My family is all from Alpena......which when looking at your "map"....is about the top knuckle on the outside of your index finger......LOL. That's what I like about Mi...built in map!!!!

Drew.......I thought you looked familiar......LOL

Hi 2goofy, rddugan and terri!!! I can't wait to get to know you all better!!!

Kami2000......I live in Hazel Park which is a northern border city to Detroit. My family is all from Alpena......which when looking at your "map"....is about the top knuckle on the outside of your index finger......LOL. That's what I like about Mi...built in map!
LOL - I do the same thing here in Europe and get some of the strangest looks from people...although I am usually using my "built in take everywhere I go State map" to point out the difference between where I am from (Muskegon aka Bottom Knuckle on your pinkie little finger) and where Eminem is from! :rofl:laughroll

As a FYI, there are several people around Crochetville from the Detroit area - check out the Michigan thread in Seeking Local Crocheters - http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=3323

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes and Kimberly.....thank you for that link. It's going to take a long time to fully investigate all the avenues here!!!

I am Donna from NC you can read my intro here as well. I am new to the group just joined tonight. We will make good neighbors I think and get to know each other together. It is nice to meet you all.:D

Archived