Tweed Feed Bag

yarncat

I lreally like that bag. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

My mom gave me a whole bunch of thread at Christmas time, but I've never crocheted much with thread, and this looks like a good way to use some of it up.

Am I understanding this correctly? I use one strand of ww yarn and two strands of thread together to crochet this bag?

I lreally like that bag. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

My mom gave me a whole bunch of thread at Christmas time, but I've never crocheted much with thread, and this looks like a good way to use some of it up.

Am I understanding this correctly? I use one strand of ww yarn and two strands of thread together to crochet this bag?

Yes,I use 2 strands of #10 thread,held together.I make all my thread projects with 2 strands & automatically wind the 2 strands together whenever I purchase thread.You may use one strand,if you wish,but may have to use a smaller hook & the bag would be smaller.

Why did you call it a feed bag? Did you trade the truck in for horses? :O)

Years ago,my sister owned a bag in this style made from straw-looking fibers.My husband always told her it looked like a feed bag.

Ooh, I like that!!!

I have a lot of #20 and #30 thread that needs to get used up in this lifetime.....maybe I can do something similar with that.

3-4 strands of different colors thread would look good with a solid yarn!

I just made one of these bags. I absolutely love the pattern.

But I have a question.

According to the pattern,the 'side' part , that stops before the handle, is only 17 rounds tall. Mine looks very short compared to the images of the bags. And looking at the picture and counting rounds it looks like there are many many more than 17 rounds prior to the handle.

It looks like the side part should read row 10-37 instead of 27.

Is this an error in the pattern? Or just the way the picture was taken? (although I do realize the pattern can be made as tall as you like)

thanks,

Kath

I just made one of these bags. I absolutely love the pattern.

But I have a question.

According to the pattern,the 'side' part , that stops before the handle, is only 17 rounds tall. Mine looks very short compared to the images of the bags. And looking at the picture and counting rounds it looks like there are many many more than 17 rounds prior to the handle.

It looks like the side part should read row 10-37 instead of 27.

Is this an error in the pattern? Or just the way the picture was taken? (although I do realize the pattern can be made as tall as you like)

thanks,

Kath

There are 27 rows of working even,so the pattern is written wrong.It will be revised.Thanks for letting me know!

There are 27 rows of working even,so the pattern is written wrong.It will be revised.Thanks for letting me know!

Awesome! The short one is GREAT for putting my thread projects in though!

I am in love with this bag, I even made a "tab" that goes through the handles and buttons, so many options with a great pattern like this to personalize!

Thank you again so much for sharing your talent with us

blessings,

Kath

Awesome! The short one is GREAT for putting my thread projects in though!

I am in love with this bag, I even made a "tab" that goes through the handles and buttons, so many options with a great pattern like this to personalize!

Thank you again so much for sharing your talent with us

blessings,

Kath

You're welcome,Kath!Post pics!!:day

Archived