Great storage for yarn & more....

Check out this cool storage unit. It would be great for storing yarns especially those smaller skeins/balls. It has 6 storage compartments.

Cool Storage

OMG! My daughter has the white one of those in her room for her stuffed animals. I never even thought of stuffing yarn in one, but you're absolutely right - it would work great!

As long as we're on the subject, Ikea also has this one which would work well, too. You could even put pattern books and hooks, etc. in this one. The color of this one is blue, but my friend's son has one that is transparent.

What a great idea, diamond! :yay

Those are cute. I have those lightweight shoe holders in plastic that I hung in my craft room closet and put the smaller skeins of yarn in it. To be honest, to me, shoes would be too heavy and would rip the plastic but the skeins fit nicely. I bought them at the dollar store, use the 12 pair one in the craft room and in my bedroom closet, used the 8 pair one for stockings and panty hose.

LI Roe

For those of you who, like me, don't have an Ikea nearby (Ikea doesn't ship this item, it is in store only), Lillian Vernon sells these, too. And at a lower price! ;)

Mesh Hanging Organizers - Set of 3 - $9.98

Primary Hanging Mesh Organizers - Set of 3 - $9.98

Mesh Organizers - Set of 3 - $7.98

WOW, thanx Donna. I was wondering how I was going to get some of these since there's no IKEA no where even close to me.

You're welcome Diamond! I stumbled upon those totally by chance. I've got spring cleaning fever. The whole house is torn apart :lol and I'm trying to better organize my stuff. I was looking for various storage solutions and there were the mesh organizers! :clap

OH MY! Thank you! I can see this for far more than just yarn! I'm thinking hunting/camping stuff (since it's not used all the time) and all David's civil war re-enacting gear.

Aren't most of those made from "mesh", couldnt they be very easily made, with like thread or something? :U

Go ahead, Tween! Let's see what you can do! :hook

I have an awful lot of unused closet space (huge walk-in) and an awfully yarn cluttered everywhere else. My bf could never get mad that the yarn is everywhere, the kittens couldn't get into it, DS couldn't use it to do whatever unholy thing it is he does to my yarn. Hmmmm....I think I better get me some!

Joann's has mesh bins on sale thru Saturday. They're square and they fold up. Regular $4.98- on sale for $2.49. I bought 4 of them, hoping that they will be the answer to all my 'stash' problems!!! LOL

Sara

I just sent off my reqest for some to friends in NYC... I'm moving soon and it would be great to get rid of my "tower of yarn"... It takes up so much space! Thanks for posting it!

Archived