Mini columbine bookmark

csabers

I made a columbine bookmark to tuck into my mom's Mother's Day package. Since she reads mostly paperback romances, I thought I'd be funny and make her a teeny, tiny, bookmark.

So, I crocheted this in DMC 80 (yes 80!), which is basically like crocheting with sewing thread.

12508604_2fd5f05d65_m.jpgbigger photo

Ugh!:thair So hard to do AND it took me forever. It was very difficult to do the dcs and trs on the pale yellow petals. With that thin thread, it was really hard to keep them tight. Sigh.

I have made lots of bookmarks, but this is the first one I've stiffened. I used a 1/2 water, 1/2 Elmer's glue solution and added the tassel after it was dry so the bookmark is stiff, but the tassel is floppy :lol

12508509_92942804f9_m.jpgbigger photo

Wow, that's really pretty! I don't have the patience for anything past about size 30. I've thought long and hard about crocheting with sewing thread though. Someday maybe...

That is really lovely:clap . So far, the smallest thread I've worked with was size 30 and a size 11 hook.

I may try one with size 10 thread.

You did a terrific job. It is beautiful! Your mom will love it. And thank you for the link. I am going to make one for my mother in law. She is all ways reading and use's a piece of paper for a bookmark. She must have this bookmark !!!!!!!!!:heart

It's beautiful! I give you alot of credit for finishing it...I know I couldn't have. I saw a book at ACMoore called Painted Doilies, crocheted entirely with sewing thread. So instead of buying the book I decided I could use a pattern I already have and got some thread. I know you'll appreciate this when I say I went crosseyed trying to work with the stuff! :blink My God, they're beautiful, there's just no way I can do them. Ok i'll stop rambling....again, beautiful job!! :cheer

Archived