Crafts and things-February issue

CLLinda

I usually don't even look at this magazine because they maybe only have one or two crochet patterns. But this issue has a whole section of crochet. It's great.

There's a couple afghans, a hat and muff set, a crochet cupcake, and other patterns.

I saw it at the grocery store and this issue had to come home with me!

:manyheart

Thanks for the info too. I used to subscribe years ago but then it got to be more projects that you had to purchase the items in order to make it and I stopped it. Will have to check it out, especially if there are crochet projects.

LI Roe

Crafts 'n' Things has sure taken a turn for the better....both format and projects. For years I had subscribed to "Rubber Stamper". In late 2007 (December I think), I received a notice that RS had been bought out by C n T and my subscription would be finished out with C n T. Well I figured, "That's the end of anything remotely related to interesting" as I remembered this magazine filled with "painting" and "plastic canvas" stuff the last time I bought it. I have to admit I was wrong. Not only was there a huge section on rubber stamping, there were some very nice crochet projects as well. I think C n T will be a keeper.

I bought this magazine when I saw it at the grocery store because I thought the patterns were adorable. I especially loved the felted water bottle cover....until I read the pattern and discovered that the felted part was made from old sweaters and the only thing crocheted was the top edging. Doh! Maybe I will try to come up with something on my own instead..... Really liked the afghan pattern and a couple of other things too. Will have to keep my eye out for future issues!

Sara

Crafts 'n' Things has sure taken a turn for the better....both format and projects. For years I had subscribed to "Rubber Stamper". In late 2007 (December I think), I received a notice that RS had been bought out by C n T and my subscription would be finished out with C n T. Well I figured, "That's the end of anything remotely related to interesting" as I remembered this magazine filled with "painting" and "plastic canvas" stuff the last time I bought it. I have to admit I was wrong. Not only was there a huge section on rubber stamping, there were some very nice crochet projects as well. I think C n T will be a keeper.

Same here, when I got the notice that Rubber Stamper would no longer be and I'd be getting this mag I was thinking that I should just cancel the subscription. Gotta say once I got my first issue I was somewhat pleased also with the variety of patterns.

Archived