FO: Child's Neck Down Bolero

RunningMommy

I finished my first project using my new Harmony needles! I am so in love with these needles :)

I made Isabella this Neck-Down Bolero (from knittingpureandsimple.com) using Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy. You can see full details on my Ravelry project page too :)

2180863954_29e49b1011.jpg?v=0

Which harmony needles did you get???

Once things settle financially I plan on saving up for the interchangable wooden set...absolutely love the look of them! :D

Great here is another pattern I'm going to have to get! lol I see she even has it in an adult size. I may have to get both?!

You did a great job on this and the color is so wonderful! I love that purple!

Which harmony needles did you get???

Once things settle financially I plan on saving up for the interchangable wooden set...absolutely love the look of them! :D

Hubby got me the Harmony Wood Interchangeable set for Christmas. I just can't put them down :) He also got me the Harmony Wood Sock DPN set but I haven't tried them out quite yet :)

I was just thinking about getting a set of interchangeable needles. I was out looking yesterday for a set of size 6 cir. 16 in and the only ones that I could find were some speed needles that are pointy on the end and they hurt my fingers.:(

So are the wood ones better then the metal ones? Do they really work better? Sorry to jack your thread.

I was just thinking about getting a set of interchangeable needles. I was out looking yesterday for a set of size 6 cir. 16 in and the only ones that I could find were some speed needles that are pointy on the end and they hurt my fingers.:(

So are the wood ones better then the metal ones? Do they really work better? Sorry to jack your thread.

No problem at all :) The harmony's have pretty sharp tips so if you push on the tips with your fingers a lot they may not be the best for you. for 16" needles, I use Clover's bamboo needles. They are great to work with and the points are rounded nicely yet still sharp enough to for your k2togs. I have seen them at Michael's and at A.C. Moore. Haven't checked Hobby Lobby though. HTH

Hazelcreek~ You can buy Denise kits (plastic needles & a co-worker swears by his) at a lys or online. But my acmoore has a good set of circulars and michael's has a set also, but the michael's here is a bit more expensive than ACMoore and it is a boye metal set.

I also tend to use clover bamboo needles for knitting (I have seen them sold as a kit...forget where though). I also have a couple SusanBates plastic circs from my grandmother. The metal are great if you are a fast knitter or like keeping your stitches on the needles. I personally prefer the wood...warmer and faster for me to work with. I also noticed the one walmart I have to go to for my work has a bunch of wooden needles fairly cheap(they say walmart on the package) but I don't know how good they are.

Angeleyz14 Thanks! I saw a kit at Hobby Lobby, they were a boye metal set, for $69. (?) I thought about getting them once their 40% off coupon comes back out. I would love a interchangeable set of bamboo, or wood if they are just as good as bamboo. I just didn't know if the interchangeable were just as good as having a regular set of circular needles.

BTW, we don't have an A.C. Moore around here.:(

• 3 weeks later...

Smashing job there Kara! Very well done. And that colour and variation - excellent choice. I'd give you an award, only there isn't an award smiley - so heres some candy :candycane:candycane

Archived