Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Elaine~

Did you get your order from Peaches-Creme yet?? Was wondering what you thought of your grab bag...

Mine came today, perked me up a bit, had the migraine yesterday, still throbbing today so I thought I'd go for a walk, ya know the whole fresh air and sunshine thing.... well, I twisted my ankle... AGAIN same one as 2 weeks ago... I can't win :(

Anyway, then my ever-so-handsome UPS man showed up with a great box filled with COTTON!!!

Here are pics (clickable)

These were the contents of my 5 grab bags...

Size 10 thread in white, ecru, and a light brown color....

th_DSC01140.jpg

5 full balls of Shaded Pastels ww cotton:

th_DSC01142.jpg

And 22 partial balls of various colors of ww cotton:

th_DSC01144.jpg

I got my order a while back. I loved it! I have I got a large ball of white cotton thread, the yellow thread that I made the crazy dishcloth with and a lot of other ww cotton yarn too. I only ordered one grab bag, but next time I need more cotton I will definitely order more!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I sure did! We spent most of Saturday apartment hunting, then a little spring shopping, and had a house warming party at night. So Sunday was for relaxing, watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, laundry and CROCHETING! I got a lot done yesterday... here's my list for the week!

Lil' Monkies Baby Afghan/Seija Hat – 95%

All squares are finished. I have sewn the squares into rows and put together the rows. It doesn’t matter that I had to redo the same seam 3 THREE times and I still have it on wrong. :bang The first time I did it, it was completely backwards. The second time I sewed it, it was still backwards, but differently. And now… I thought it was on right, but its not. :yell I have already done the borders and decided that its just going to have to stay like that. I have the monkey sock faces to put on, so that is going to have to cover up the 2 squares that are identical and next to each other. I don’t think the mistake is going to be so glaringly obvious to anyone else as it is to me.

String Bag – from Lily’s Sugar n cream. I am using some of the yarn I got in the notions swap, but I think I messed up the mesh section. I am going to frog it and find another bag pattern to use instead. :frog

Circles to Squares – 75%

Its baaaaaack! :hook I felt some success putting together the squares for the Lil monkies blanket so I felt I could come back to this project. I only have the 3 big squares left… well really just one more round on the first big square now.

Ripple Afghan –. 10%

Seraphina Shawl – I have started it, but just a little bit. It is on hold until I finish the Lil Monkies/Seija set.

Bedspread - 25 - 12 inch squares - 10% (2 squares are done)

We had a lot of fun, but sales were bad. Not just us but alot of the vendors there. Seems the food people were the only ones making big sales. The woman next to us has been doing it for 30 years and has been juried in all her work, but she said she only sold 1 item at this fair. She agreed and said we all would have probably been better off selling water and lemonade. It was cloudy and cold. We were dancing and singing to the band trying to keep warm. The most we saw walking by were twig wreaths and wood stuff, and dogs of every size and color. I kept wondering if we were in a dog show....some were cute and playful, and a few were big and scarey.

Carol, sounds like the craft fair was a real mixed bag but if you sold some things, consider it a success!:clap I've only done a few and I found that alot of people equate craft fairs with bargains/cheapstuff/fleamarket....made me crazy! Anyone who actually does crafts knows how much time goes into what you create. Hope the next one has better weather and buyers!:hug

...and less dogs!:dog

OK it's a new week, so here is my list for this week, in no particular order...

Finish the Pink Comfortghan

Finish 8 Round Squares on Babette

Have 10 Squares ready to mail to OA by Friday

Start 8 Pocket Tote (if not started this week I'm removing from list for this quarter

Start Tote for my Kit and Kaboodle Partner

There that's only 5 things, and there are 7 days in a week so I'm ahead of the balll :lol

Here's what my list looks like for this week!

1. Lisette Sweater/shawl....75%

2. Crochet skirt....need yarn

3. Garden Party Lace Wrap...have yarn

4. Blythe shawl...have yarn

5. Marilyn Shrug/sweater...have pattern & yarn

6. Summer Scarf .....90%

7. Whiz of a Sweater....have yarn

Ongoing.....Learn to Knit!

WELL I FINISHED MY DH SHURG!! I MANAGED TO GET 6 SNOW FLAKES DONE LAST WEEK. THEN ..

I BROKE MY FINGER PLAYING BASEBALL WITH MY SON!!

ITS MY RING FINGER OM MY RIGHT HAND, DH TAPPED IT TO THE MIDDLE FINGER. I TRIED TO CROCHET LAST NIGHT AND COULDN'T IT HURT TO BAD. MAYBE TODAY. I AM GOING TO TAKE SOME IBPROPHINE AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

SO FOR THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO SET MY SELF TO FINISH THE FLAG GHAN AND PIG POT HOLDER. I MAY TRY KNITTING AND WORK ON ONE OF THE SCARVES.

Ouch Rachel!! That doesn't sound all together like a whole bunch of fun! I was complaining a while back about hurting my ankle, but at least I could crochet through that while my foot was up! If i break a finger it better be on my left hand! :lol

Hope you are able to feel well enough to get your hooks moving soon! :hug

Thanks. It seems a little better today. I can't stand not crocheting. Of course I never have a lot of time to do it but just the little times waiting for the bus or nap time. It is amazing how much I miss it. One day and I am going through withdrawls! LOL

Thanks for kind thoughts ladies, Next one is only a block away from me in July. Won't be as much of a hassle. Don't have to hussle to make stuff since I have so much stocked up now, :lol. Slept most of yesterday away, and was attempting to reorganize my room, when a package came with 15 lovely skeins, so I do have the motivation to make things, and lots of yarn. Might attempt to start something tonight once the laundry is done. If I can come up with some energy. Legs are cooperating, but arms are still achey, and stomache is acting up. I used to say one day at a time, but Pastor's wife and I agree that it has moved up to one hour at a time.

WELL I FINISHED MY DH SHURG!! I MANAGED TO GET 6 SNOW FLAKES DONE LAST WEEK. THEN ..

I BROKE MY FINGER PLAYING BASEBALL WITH MY SON!!

ITS MY RING FINGER OM MY RIGHT HAND, DH TAPPED IT TO THE MIDDLE FINGER. I TRIED TO CROCHET LAST NIGHT AND COULDN'T IT HURT TO BAD. MAYBE TODAY. I AM GOING TO TAKE SOME IBPROPHINE AND SEE IF THAT HELPS.

SO FOR THIS WEEK I AM GOING TO SET MY SELF TO FINISH THE FLAG GHAN AND PIG POT HOLDER. I MAY TRY KNITTING AND WORK ON ONE OF THE SCARVES.

Oh Rachael, did you have it Xrayed? You have to be sure that it is just an even break and the bone didn't move, or it will never heal right. Please be careful and don't move it around alot. Withdrawals or not, it really should be splinted (at least) and kept immobile. Use a craft or popsicle stick, if you don't have access to the padded metal ones the drug stores sell. I did break pinky once and didn't bother to splint it. Now it is permanently bent and I can't straighten it. Please take care.

So yea, I already didn't stick to my list this week, :rofl

I just finished a summer scarf, if it's colors my partner in the summer scarf swaps likes then I'll send it along to them, and if it isn't, well then I do like it, so I'll keep it for myself :lol

Ada, you got some great yarn in that grab bag!

I ordered some dyeable yarn --Bare--from Knit Picks:

th_002.jpg

Okay a lot of dyeable--4 of those are laceweight (what was I thinking?).

I rolled off half of one skein of superwash wool, wrapped it around a couple chairs, tied it off, laid it out and dyed it tropical punch and orange--kool-aid.

th_004-2.jpg

Yay it worked! Now it looks like this:

th_005.jpg

I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm ready to dye some more!

Also, I got Myra Wood's book Creative Crochet Lace which is wonderful. I made a little doodle:

th_004.jpg

I got my yarn for the Haw Frost! :yay And I watched 2 hours of tv so I could work on it. :blush and I reinforced the fact that I cannot do a ripple and do anything else. I have to COUNT!! Did alot of frogging and in the end only use 1 skein today. But I'm still happy :yay. And yes, I am getting the house cleaned to boot.

Ada- I know what you mean...I am on my third scarf but have no idea if the colors will be right or not! Depending on who my partner is, she may get one scarf or a whole box full!!

JenHen-I love the colors you dyed your yarn!!

Susan- I can't count and watch TV....You Go Girl!

Jenhen- those are really pretty colors you dyed that yarn! Looks great!

Susan- I can't do a ripple while watching tv either,I too need to count, but something I've done that helps eliminate counting is I make my peaks with chains, like "dc, ch2, dc* so that I always know where the peak goes, something about the ones where the peak is made up of 3dc or 3 sc I can never get the count right to where it always lands in the center stitch of the 3. :lol All the power to those who do ripples well!!

I really love the round ripples and starghans though, maybe I'll make one of those sometime soon... :think

I Dunno if I'm gonna crochet today, or if I'm just going to clean, havn't decided yet.

Thanks Kim and Jaydn. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has trouble counting and watching tv at the same time. Jaydn, the points do have dc ch2 dc. I didn't mess up there. It was the valleys or with this yarn I missed stitches occasionally. :angry

Doubt I'll get much time to crochet today. My son has a meeting during my favorite show :P.

Have a good one, everyone!

I've done more squares than my projects. The donating part though is such a good feeling, my projects can wait to get done.

So yea, I already didn't stick to my list this week, :rofl

I know what you mean! I think my list is more of a guideline! :lol

I started another baby blanket last night because I am having doubts about the second ABC Blanket I made. I just dont like it as much as I did. I guess I should pull it out of the closet and take another look at it. Maybe I'll like it again.

I just dont like it as much as I did. I guess I should pull it out of the closet and take another look at it. Maybe I'll like it again.

:lol I've been there!! With the nine-patch throw I was making for my husbands grandfather, I was about 1/3 done and decided "I don't like you" so I'm doin something different for him, don't have a choice, that ghan would be a UFO for life if I didn't decide to frog it and do something else.

:lol I've been there!! With the nine-patch throw I was making for my husbands grandfather, I was about 1/3 done and decided "I don't like you" so I'm doin something different for him, don't have a choice, that ghan would be a UFO for life if I didn't decide to frog it and do something else.

Yep, I have one of those waiting to be frogged, don't know when or if I'll get the gumption to get hoppin' on it. ((Ribbit))

Good morning, everyone! My Mom comes tonight and although the house looks alot better than it did it still needs work. Some will get done today, some won't. Oh well :P.

I had to frog the haw frost. turned out too big again. I know I am a novice at fashion, but geesh! Those of you who do them, do you have a maniquin? I'm :help here! But I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!!!

............yet.

Wow, everyone must be busy with other stuff this week - its been quiet around here! :P I know I have been busy with work and getting a new baby blanket made - or just trying to figure out what I want to give for the baby shower on the 31st!

I would hate to frog ABC II. If I decide its not good enough to give away, then maybe I'll just keep it until I have kids... maybe 2 years from now... according to my latest "master plan" :lol

Kim, I have been plugging away on the last 3 big squares for the Circles to Squares afghan. I have one large square finished, one that needs one more round, and then the third needs about 8 more rounds. Then maybe I'll think about sewing them all together. I have weaved all the ends in!

Elaine, I'm so glad you decided to finish it! I've been looking at ripple afghan patterns for the yarn I frogged from my Circle to Square. I still want to make a blanket. Definitely post pics when you're finished!

It has been quiet this week. I've been working on the Lisette Gourmet Crochet pattern. My first attempt at the pineapple pattern and so far, so good! I'm also working on scarves for the scarf swap. Mostly I've been outside trying to get my gardens in shape now that the weather is warmer!

It's raining here today, so I should get some more done today, since outside isn't so much an option!

Um this week so far I have finished 10 squares to send to OA tomorrow, I've worked on my secret project for my Kit and Kaboodle Swap partner, and I've been assembling the comfortghan, which I said to myself I'd spend an hour each night joining it until it is done, but somehow it's not getting done even though I'm working on it.... I have 6/8 rows made and 4 of those are joined together now. OH, and I've worked on my Babette a bit, I have 3/7 8 round squares done, once they are finished then I'm done with my goal for that blanket for the quarter.

I think today I want to make a scarf, complete at least 2 more 8 round squares, work on my secret partner project, and work on joining the comfortghan squares.

Oh, and the book came that I ordered, the one with the rest of the Lace and Bobbles pattern, so I'll start back working on that once some of this other stuff is wrapped up.

Hi everyone, it has been way to long since I posted..... life has been getting in the way! :( meaning I haven't been crocheting much at all...

I am trying to occasionally work on the round ripple baby blanket for dbf's cousin... I'm on a deadline now, the shower is the 25th of this month, so hopefully it will be completed and ready to go by then. I had been planning on making my mom and dbf's mom each a doily for mother's day I may try and start them tonight! :D there's nothing like waiting until the last minute! hehe

I hope everyone else is making good progress with their second quarter items, I wish you all luck in getting them done....:hook

Hey peeps! So, I just found out that my cousin is getting married next May right after he graduates from college... I want to make them something, but I'm not sure what. My initial thought is they both are graduating from The University of Florida so I was thinking maybe his adn hers throws in blue and orange.... but then I thought that's ok for a graduation, but probably not for a Marriage....

Then I thought about this, and I can see it in my head so let's see if I can describe it, All white done in filet crochet with a small mesh pattern, the 4 corners alternate hearts and the state of florida and centered on the throw the letters UF. Here I drew it... please in all seriousness be honest if you think it's tacky or something...

th_andersrdimage.jpg

Archived