Have you ever lost the desire to crochet?

That's why I alternate crocheting and knitting. If I'm bored with one, I pick up the other for a while. Right now, I have one project in each going at the same time.

Sure we all get like that sometimes. It can be anything you temporarily get tired of, not just crochet. I have stopped for as long as a year or two at a time then gone back to it with a vengeance.

Also, I go back and forth between knitting and crocheting. I alternately get tired of one and then focus on the other for a while. Sometimes you just need to do something different for a while.

I am actually at the point where I want to stop crocheting but it is so ingrained in my head, heart and hands that I just naturally pick up hooks and yarn.

I tend to see crochet and knitting as "the same thing". they both involve the manipulation of yarn with a tool.

:thinklike many, my crocheting slumps come and go too. i also dabble in other crafts..so that helps. but about crocheting, seems i WANT to DO it ALL:eekthen when i actually try to decide WHAT to work on, i seem to have a problem DECIDING what to do!!!! does that make sense???? i love to make doilies, but then WHAT do i do with a ZILLION doilies??? i make afghans,(and everyone i know has at LEAST one of mine) and i get on & off the potholder kick, which everyone has at LEAST two of those:yay. haven't really gotten into wearables, maybe i should try that i tell myself!!!!

so don't feel bad, i think MOST of us long time crocheters have been there.

i love to see young people, boys & girls who take up crocheting or any type of needle art. it seems to me that it could help keep them off the streets.(or am i SHOWING my age????:D)

judy

I'm in one right this second (but notice, it does not affect my C'ville'ing lol). It usually happens when I've been crocheting my rear end off. Like lately, I've got two good-sized totes almost finished- I need to attach the side panel on one and attach the handles on the other, plus I was trying to get lots of points at stashbusting and I made a couple of snowflakes tonight. I just look at my yarn tote thingie... :think... I should work on something. But, eh, I'll just look at everybody else's stuff until the mood strikes me in the next day or so. :)

No, I haven't lost my dersire to crochet, but I have lost my desire to do housework~~!!~ :hook

I LOVE that one...Mee TOO!!!!!..Thank goodness for my Katie..She LOVES to cook and CLEAN!!!:cheer..She NEVER tires of it..lol..I think she was SWITCHED at birth...:think..lol

Archived