How do you prefer to buy patterns...

For Patterns do you prefer to....  

183 members have voted

1. 1. For Patterns do you prefer to....

• buy magazines
    • buy single patterns
    • buy booklets with 10 or less patterns
    • buy book with lots of patterns

I used to hunt down books on Ebay & got a lot of great patterns that way, I picked up stacks of magazines/leaflets at yard sales, thrift shops etc. I've got so many magazines/booklets/books etc crowding up my sewing room bookcase, that I rarely take the time to try to dig through them finding a specific pattern I want... and most of the time, each book or magazine would only have one or two patterns that I actually ended up using anyway.

These days, I mostly tend to buy individual PDF patterns online from independent designers. Inexpensive, I get only the patterns I actually will use, I can keep them organized & find what I want instantly, and it's supporting "the little guys" .

I buy books with 40% off coupons one at a time, though my last one I bought from Overstock.com for a great deal.

I have only ever bought a single pattern from someone. That was Shelle's Shawler. :) It's such a fabulous one!

I get most of my patterns online, but I do have a few books I bought. But the books I bought, one I looked specifically for one pattern and it was in a book so I got the whole book for the one pattern, another book is just a book of squares.

how about all of the above?

but i try not to buy books unless there are more that 3 patterns in it that i want to try

i find that i can eventually find some of them in a less expensive format if i am patient enough

I prefer buying DIGITAL PATTERNS - they store much easier in my

email account than books on my shelf - but I do actually print them off

and put them in an organized binder also. But if I lose the hard copy,

I always have the pattern backed up in my email and in a folder on my

desktop!

I prefer buying DIGITAL PATTERNS - they store much easier in my

email account than books on my shelf - but I do actually print them off

and put them in an organized binder also. But if I lose the hard copy,

I always have the pattern backed up in my email and in a folder on my

desktop!

I prefer digital ones too. I'm in the process of de-cluttering, so I like how easy it is to store patterns...I have a copy on a jump drive, burned to cd and in my email :hook

• 3 weeks later...

You should have had the option, "all of the above..." which is what I do...depends on the patterns really. I'm not above buying single patterns if it's something I'm dying to make.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived