Charity Blitz 2008--a group effort to support a different charity each month

Crochetville LLC

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need more hours in a day. I am working on Snuggles, Blankets for babies, grannies daughters....argh!!!!

Oh yeah, and I also have the Travelling Hook III.

tell me about it...

my list:

snuggles

granny daughters

blankets for babies

squares for the senior Christmas

chemo caps for Detroit Hospital

and my daughter is pregnant, you know what that means, blankets, bibs, booties...

I've had to give myself a stern talking to. I need to finish one project before jumping into another. I set aside so much time per day for each project that I want to work on that day.

For example, this morning I am making the final 2 squares with the Travelling Hook III. Then I will package the squares up and the hook up and get them ready to mail the next time I go into town.

Then I will move on to making the filler squares for Blanket #8 for Blankets for Babies. I will put that blanket together and make the matching hat. They are then put into the bin where I have the others.

Depending on the time I may make some grannies daughters.

Of course, it is a nice day and I need to get some yard work done at some point today as well when it warms up a bit more....LOL

Yeah Right Here is what will really Happen

I've had to give myself a stern talking to. I need to finish one project before jumping into another. I set aside so much time per day for each project that I want to work on that day.

For example, this morning I am making the final 2 squares with the Travelling Hook III. Then I will package the squares up and the hook up and get them ready to mail the next time I go into town. You'll make the two squares and decide that there is a pattern or two that you would like to use for a few more squares and you will make 78 3/4 squares. Then........Then I will move on to making the filler squares for Blanket #8 for Blankets for Babies. I will put that blanket together and make the matching hat. You'll make all the filler squares, lay them out on the floor and decide that you really dont want to sew squares together....then

They are then put into the bin where I have the others. When you look at all 8 of the blankes/parts together, you decide that maybe you ought to make a green one also...so you make 6 1/2 green squares.

Depending on the time I may make some grannies daughters, and then some aunts, uncles, neices, nephews

Of course, it is a nice day and I need to get some yard work done at some point today as well when it warms up a bit more....LOLYard work? Housework? BAH! YOU NEED TO CROCHET :devil

Okay, I did only make the 2 squares. Then I packaged up the hook so quick I forgot to take pics of the squares with the hook. Oh well, pics with no hook.

The squares are also packaged up and ready to go to angelfire. Also the "Grumpies" for Toys for Tots are packaged up and will be on their way to angelfire as well.

:P:yes

I'm sitting here laughing hysterically and my DH is wondering what is so funny about crochet!!! I can't even explain it to him...:rofl:lol

Good Morning Ladies!! Question about the May 6" squares. Should we tuck the tails in or leave a loop for a border to be added by the assembly group or leave a long tail for stitching the squares together? Thanks

Yarnscrapper

good question...

Good Morning Ladies!! Question about the May 6" squares. Should we tuck the tails in or leave a loop for a border to be added by the assembly group or leave a long tail for stitching the squares together? Thanks

Yarnscrapper

Please weave in your ends. We don't need tails for sewing because a border will be added to all the squares. If everyone takes care of their ends then it's a bit less for us to do when the squares get here. :yes

Thanks in advance :manyheart

That's a great Lola cartoon. Thanks for sharing. I have really enjoyed making mats for the shelter. I think the ladies who organized the 2008 Blitz have a lovely variety of charities for us. I'm a newcomer here and wondered if we contribute to the same charities each year, or the same types of charities. In other words, if I make more shelter mats would I be safe in setting them aside for the future?

Looking forward to the grannies in May!

TeaLady,

I had the same question when I started to plug-in at this charity site. I have realized over time that no matter what I make eventually someone will request it for donations. Also, many of the charities are ongoing programs. Or you can search the internet and find a charity to donate your items individually. So I say SNUGGLE AWAY!!! if that's your thang. :-)

Yarnscrapper

All colors are welcome to be used in the squares for May.

Tucked / Weaved ends it is!!!! One last question (I hope), I am busting my stash with this project and I found some black yarn. Are black squares ok or would you prefer to stay away from black?

Yarnscrapper

i am working on my third snuggle and then on last row, guess what happened... yes, I ran out of yarn... oh dear, O'll have to go to wally world to get some more :D so sad :lol

Archived