Crystalite Hooks

labcrazyland

my good friend Stacy , AKA ZingyZoid, got me a set of crystalite hooks for christmas. I just wanted to say that I really do love using them! They are a lot lighter than normal hooks. They also seem to hold or grab the yarn a lot better. Lol, does that make sense???

Kelly

I love mine too. I became HOOKED on using them during my vacation this fall. (I took them so that I did not violate any security rules!)

The yarn just seems to glide over the crystalites... much like it does with my new TOTC hooks. (I had to get THAT in there! hee! :hee )

:rain - it's STILL raining here. :sun where are you sunshine???

Keep using them Rebecca! If I remember correctly, mine were a bit *sticky* :U at first too. (I'd completely forgotten this.. age maybe?) But with time (and not very long) they started to work much better. :)) Now I love mine (I already said that, didn't I?)!

:rotfl Yah.. maybe I drooled on mine! :rotfl

(sorry.. could NOT help myself!)

Rebecca,

I noticed mine had a line, like a seam, along the length and on the hook part itself, so I took my trusty emery board and filed that baby down. That helped in a BIG way, till I did that I wasn't liking them much. Love the colors, and though I like them better now, I still don't love them. I think I'll try washing them and see if that helps.

I have some too, and I like them alright, they are not my favorite, they sure are pretty though. I am afraid I'm going to break them. I have found that using the eyelash yarn or a lighter less bulky yarn, I don't feel so much like I'm about to break them in half.

Donna

<a href="http://www.ninakate.blogspot.com" target="_new">www.ninakate.blogspot.com</a>

Hammie has some of these, and while crafting with her I gave one a try. I wasn't really that impressed because it kept snagging on the yarn. Filing would probably help. Maybe I'll get a set and give it a try, though I really like the heft of a metal hook.

They actually have gotten better with time, and I've gotten comfortable with them. I still prefer my trusty aluminum hooks, though, as I like the weight and smoothness of them better. I also noticed that stickiness the first couple of weeks, but it seems to have gone away.

The worst thing about them is that they do break. I broke the first one I used (by sitting on it - eek!). I've never even BENT an aluminum hook! However, I kept my broken hook, and I plan to see how superglue does on it.:bad

Archived