Beaded stitch markers

BlueFuzzy

Guest ParchedWhisper

those look cool. They are a lot prettier than the safty pin I have been using. YOu are very creative.

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifMs Martini, I was thinking of you yesterday as I perused the charms at my daughter's bead and yarn store. They have a martini glass....alas just one olive, though..... :D

I have just started making some stitch markers(wish I had a camera) and I not only used earring wires and beads I used the lever back earrings and beads. You can find all kinds of stuff like that in the craft stores. I think I read about the lever back earring idea somewhere on this board. It works wonderful!

It's really very simple - start out with some beads, head pins (long ones), and jewelry pliers, and earring backs if you want. put beads onto headpins, and then either a) attach pins to earring backs using pliers, and trim away extra or b) curl the remainder of the head pin into a curlicue with the pliers. If you use b) try putting a small drop of super glue at the top of the beads the help keep them from sliding up the curled part.

• 1 year later...

Those work too Laurie :) We had a stitch marker swap awhile back that was alot of fun and everyone got to see what others had made. I have to admit the earring backs are the easiest for me to work with.. I never can seem to get the safety pins separated to get the beads on lol But I use these alot and love them.. I don't think I'll ever go back to safety pins, bits of colored yarn or plain old plastic stitch markers again :)

Archived