Oprah today

tobybob

I saw the boots. They look comfy and warm. But the price of $120 was a bit stiff for my pocketbook.

I think they were UGG boots.

:manyheart

Im sure those companies donate alot of that stuff. Usually the stuff thats on her list is HUUUUGE for the holidays. Its good advertisting. I cant watch her giveaway show.. I get far too jealous. I WANT A MIXER! :D

Yes it must be. However it has nothing to do with her show since she doesn't pay for any of it. The sponsers themselves donate it. ;)

No Kidding! It's just such great advertising for the products. I sure would like to be in the audience on a day for her Favorite things.

Today, Oprah had Hannah Montana on, so it was a show for young girls. Then the American Girl Company had a representative on the show and unveiled the newest Doll for the collection. A pretty red-headed doll. And then Oprah said that each young girl in the audience would get an American Girl Doll to take home. I thought those girls were pretty lucky.

Just think of the amount of free advertising AG got for the day. Plus the word of mouth when the girls got home from the show.

It is a wonderful thing to do.

\:manyheart

Saw the Knock-off Ugg Boots at Walmart today. Our store only had cream and brown (or maybe it was black.. I forget). They were marked down from 24.99 to 19.99. Guess the powers that be didn't watch Oprah yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Uggs were super popular last year or the year before. They look super comfy but I think they are losing popularity. My main concern would be if they can actually keep your feet dry. I don't know anyone who has a pair. We have pretty much 5 months of slush each year...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I love, love, love mine. But no, they don't stay dry. You can wear them in rain, but continued use slogging through slush would probably kill them. :)

My DD has a pair and she loves them. I decided to waterproof them before she wore them the first time (I put 2 coats on them, then periodically clean them and put another coat on them). They stay dry that way. Plus they stay cleaner with the waterproof on them.

They are repeating Oprah's favorite things show tomorrow 12/12 in case anyone missed it and wants to see it.

Archived