6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

No worries..... I've learned over the four years of The Handmade Afghans Project that sometimes I'm not clear.... or someone just hears something different than I thought I was saying. :D

We do use every rectangle... because I know that someone put a lot of working into getting it to HAP.

Oh btw I've heard the rectangles called all kinds of things.... so now I'll add panels to the list :hook

Thank you all for your support!!!!!!! :hug Deborah

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judy,

Your package arrived.... the black and white 6"x9" rectangles are wonderful :cheer Thank you!!!! Deborah

That was fast!

I'll be sending them periodically - love making the hdc, too, so it's relaxing and I think of the soldiers who will be getting them....:manyheart

Deborah,

I'll be sending mine out tomorrow or Saturday, I have red, burnt orange, brown, and I am working on some white to inlcude in this shipment, should around 23 or so rectangles althoghther.

Wonderful :clap I'll let you know when they arrive.

23 6"x9" rectangles will get us about halfway to another handmade afghan.

Our goal for February 3rd is to lay out 200 afghans :eek

Of course then we will need to crochet together all 200 (plus any of the ones left from December..... there are some left if anyone is interested in giving it a try.)

Thanks!! Deborah

Of course then we will need to crochet together all 200 (plus any of the ones left from December..... there are some left if anyone is interested in giving it a try.)

Thanks!! Deborah

Yes I was going to email you and volunteer to stitch together an afghan. So when I ship the rectangles I'll include my address if you want to send a set of rectangles my way. Are they stitched together with a Single Crochet join? Or are they whip-stiched?

Yes I was going to email you and volunteer to stitch together an afghan. Are they stitched together with a Single Crochet join? Or are they whip-stiched?

They are single crocheted together - so they sort of look like the rectangles are framed.

One of our objectives is to have all the HAP handmade afghans look similar so when the patients see them it helps send the message that many people are thinking of them :ghug

When you get a moment check out the photos of ALL the finished handmade afghans at our Shutterfly link on the website www.rectangle6x9.org

I'll send you the crochet directions this evening.

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I did a bunch more yesterday while watching the Packers win. I will be working on some at the hockey game today also. I will try to get them in the mail by the end of the week.

Excellent!!! Hopefully winning teams help you crochet faster :D

Will let you know when the 6"x9" rectangles are received.

Evening StarStrong,

I think I sent an email to you the other day. I have one 6x9 done and more on the way. Where shall I send them?

Thank you,

Lisa

Evening StarStrong,

I think I sent an email to you the other day. I have one 6x9 done and more on the way. Where shall I send them?

Thank you,

Lisa

Lisa,

I answered you - check the email..... the mailing address will not be posted here. Let me know if you have any other questions rectangle6x9@comcast.net

Deborah, on Thursday I'll be teaching my neighbor to make these. Sh'e recently taken up crocheting again after lots of years not doing it. I may start something here...maybe get her teen daughters to learn sometime down the road, too.

Deborah, on Thursday I'll be teaching my neighbor to make these. Sh'e recently taken up crocheting again after lots of years not doing it. I may start something here...maybe get her teen daughters to learn sometime down the road, too.

Judy,

Way to go!! :cheer 6"x9" rectangles are a great way for someone to learn to crochet - we have many volunteers who have done this... now they are "experts".

Any 6"x9" rectangles you can mail off by January 25th would be appreciated for the February 3rd "Design" Event.

Deborah,

I will have a dozen rectangles going in the mail by Wednesday, with more of them coming at a later date. It makes me feel so good to know they're being used by men and women-who have the same dedication and courage as my own soldier son. Thankfully my son was one of the lucky ones and his injuries weren't serious-AND he's out of Iraq now, so giving something back feels good.

Lisa

Deborah,

I will have a dozen rectangles going in the mail by Wednesday, with more of them coming at a later date. It makes me feel so good to know they're being used by men and women-who have the same dedication and courage as my own soldier son. Thankfully my son was one of the lucky ones and his injuries weren't serious-AND he's out of Iraq now, so giving something back feels good.

Lisa

Lisa,

Please thank your son for his service. It is appreciated!! :hug

I'll let you know when the 6"x9" rectangles arrive....

Also thank YOU for your service to our country. Having a family member in the military also requires service on the part of their family. Deborah

Deborah,

I am sending out about 30 rectangles today, please let me know when they arrive.

Will do!!! :D

Thank you - that will help bring us closer to our goal to lay out 200 handmade afghans on February 3rd.

Archived