6X9 Rectangles Donations Needed For Our Troops *UPDATE*

Red67

:)I know how busy everyone is during this holiday season...just received an update From Deborah at 6x9 Rectangle Group..if you are in that area and can help at the PTE (put together Event) on December 8th from 9am to 12 noon in Rockville Maryland...please contact her below...or if you can contribute to the Wish List on the site for this event that would be terrific; their goal is 100 afghans at this event for our troops...

.... Thank You and God Bless You...:).

http://www.rectangle6x9.org/

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone!! My name is Deborah and I just joined Crochetville - I'm the person running "The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project" - or as Ro calls it "Rectangle6x9". A BIG thanks to Ro for spreading the word :clap People like her are how this happens.

Recently we heard from our contact in Afghanistan - wanted to share the note:

"To Deborah and the rest of you supporting the project:

I wanted to send a small thank you from the patients and staff here at Bagram. Unfortunately we've been busy. But the patients truly appreciate your generosity. You should see the smiles. Well, hope everything is well on the Home Front. It's nice to know we're not forgotten over here.

Take Care, SSgt Carrissa A. ( Afghanistan )"

I wanted to thank you all for coming aboard and helping thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

Sent some rectangles, will be sending more...gotta love this charity, we don't have to support the war to support our troops!

:manyheartThank you Adele...much appreciated

I just emailed them today and waiting for the address on where to send these too....Going to get started on a few tonight..

:hook:hookThank You!!!!!!!:manyheart

Hi Everyone!! My name is Deborah and I just joined Crochetville - I'm the person running "The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project" - or as Ro calls it "Rectangle6x9". A BIG thanks to Ro for spreading the word :clap People like her are how this happens.

Recently we heard from our contact in Afghanistan - wanted to share the note:

"To Deborah and the rest of you supporting the project:

I wanted to send a small thank you from the patients and staff here at Bagram. Unfortunately we've been busy. But the patients truly appreciate your generosity. You should see the smiles. Well, hope everything is well on the Home Front. It's nice to know we're not forgotten over here.

Take Care, SSgt Carrissa A. ( Afghanistan )"

I wanted to thank you all for coming aboard and helping thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

:flower:flowerThank YOU Deborah (Founder of Rectangle 6x9))..the note from Afghanistan is wonderful....Good Luck at your next PTE !!we wish success to you and all your wonderful volunteers specially during this busy Holiday Season...Remember everyone, just ONE rectangle can make all the difference! Can you Help?

God Bless

I've started making these in between other projects. So far, I've made two..How many should I make before sending a batch?

:clapThank you sooo much....I send a few at a time (8) in a envelope that way the postage is not bad at all since I am on a limited budget....and each rectangle counts....thanks again....

:clapThank you sooo much....I send a few at a time (8) in a envelope that way the postage is not bad at all since I am on a limited budget....and each rectangle counts....thanks again....

Thank YOU...this helps get the focus off MY projects and what I think matters most...it really isn't all about ME...

Received an update from Deborah (Founder of rectangles 6x9 volunteer group for our wounded troops)....

The total of Afghans delivered to Walter Reed Hospital by the wonderful volunteers....has reached 835!!

if you can help ;please visit the website ...also new pics are posted on there from Afghanistan.......

Thank You :manyheart

Hi! I thought I would share with you how our event on Saturday went! For those who sent along 6"x9" rectangles - thank you :clap You helped make all this possible!! The next event is February 3rd - if you are interested in :crocheting sending 6"x9" rectangles - let me know (Rectangle6x9@comcast.net). Here's the update from Saturday:

Here's a quick overview of "Today in the Life of HAP"

Over 40 people showed up

and laid out

135 Handmade Afghans!!

Yes, in only 3 hours – it was like being in a beehive.

Activity everywhere.

By luck Chris V (our host), Mike and Graeson had the honor of laying out our

1,000 Handmade Afghan!!

We are now up to

1108 Handmade Afghans

that are either delivered, ready to be delivered, being crocheted together or waiting to go to a crocheter

I will also be helping you out with the squares on this project also. I wish I was closer to you to help crochet the blankets together.

:clap....Thank You...Deborah and all the volunteers appreciate your squares and good thoughts...God Bless

:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheartEveryone!

As the weather turned colder in Maryland

HAP was asked for

another dozen handmade afghans

for the war wounded staying over night at

Andrews Air Force Base

Yesterday Berlyn delivered the four boxes of blankets!!

Thank you Berlyn! :manyheart

Thought it would be a good time to

let you know where our

handmade afghans have been delivered….. here we go:

DC VETERANS ARMY MEDICAL CENTER

BRAGG (NC) ARMY MEDICAL CENTER

INDIVIDUAL WOUNDED WARRIORS

WALTER REED HOSPITAL

ANDREWS AIR FORCE BASE

BAGRAM ARMY MEDICAL CTR (AFGHANISTAN)

BROOKE (TEXAS) ARMY MEDICAL CENTER

TOTAL SINCE MARCH 2005 = 857

THANK YOU..EACH RECTANGLE COUNTS :crocheting.rmy Medical Center 670

Andrews Air Force Base Medical Center94

Bagram Army Med Ctr (Afghanistan) 50

Brooke (Texas) Army Medical Center 20

DC Veterans Army Medical Center 12

Bragg (NC) Army Medical Center 6

Individual Wounded Warriors 5

oks and knitting needles going for our February 3, 2008 PTE

Every Rectangle Counts!!

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

__._,_.___

The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project

"Helping to Thank Those Wounded in Service to Our Country"

** over 900 handmade afghans built one rectangle at a time by a 100% volunteer organization **

Direct Email:e Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project is a nonprofit organization that has not applied for tax-exempt status under Code Section 501©(3). You should consult with your tax advisor regarding the deductibility of contributions to this organization.

All notes copyright The Handmade Afghans to Thank Our Armed Forces Project and should not be used without written permission.

- College-Finder.net.

- $270,000 Mortgage for $1,498/Mo. No Credit Check Needed

ired)

Change settings via email:

Recent Activity

• 6 with others.

nc3=4776366

__,_._,___ #AOLMsgPart_2_1a10c34a-77ab-4e81-9b86-c581301345bd #AOLMsgPart_2_1a10c34a-77ab-4e81-9b86-c581301345bd #AOLMsgPart_2_1a10c34a-77ab-4e81-9b86-c581301345bd

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; },_._,___

If you are interested in crocheting together an afghan :crocheting - don't let distance stop you!!

Let me know and I'll get one in the mail to you. :gotmail Unfortunately only have the funds to mail the rectangle set so you'll have to contribute the postage to get it back to me.

There are 60 sets looking for hands to crochet them together.... so let me know!! :help

Thank you for helping to thank those wounded in service to our country, Deborah

I just found this one. I would like to be in on this in February. I have another charity project that I am currently working on, but I definitely want to get in on this one. My now ex-husband was stationed at APG for AIT.

Thanks,

Jillian

I just found this one. I would like to be in on this in February. I have another charity project that I am currently working on, but I definitely want to get in on this one. My now ex-husband was stationed at APG for AIT.

Thanks,

Jillian

:manyheart Thank you Jillian...the website will give you all the info you need when you join in February....much appreciated and God Bless

I'll see what I can do to make you some squares. I wish my hands were strong enough to assemble for you. Your afghans are really lovely. I enjoyed the news video so much. All you ladies seem so nice, caring, and giving.

Archived