Christmas Ornament CAL

heart

It's about that time of year, when we get ready to decorate our homes and trees. Hang snowflakes, maby even send ornaments in our Christmas cards or tie them onto gifts in place of bows. I"m sure we'd all love to see what everyone else is working on. So, is anyone interested in a Christmas Ornament CAL? :hook

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah! I have a book from Annie Potter Presents, Fantastic Lace Ornaments. It can be ordered from Annie's Attic. I'm going to make a few of those. I also like yarncats pattern for the Christmas card ornaments. I like the idea of using last years cards as ornaments for this year. The problem is I can never keep them on the tree. Everyone always wants them! ;)

Hopefully this photo will post, it was already loaded into my photobucket account. I made these last year.

th_Christmascardornaments.jpg

Here is a heart icecicle from the Annie Potter book. I can't believe it posted, I've been having trouble posting photos to my blog, (pc has a mind of its own :D This thread has a sparkley pearl strand running thru it, but it isn't showing up in the photo.

th_LaceHeart.jpg

Just today I started a Christmas Ornament of sorts. It's a thread (white- was all I had) cnady cane cover. I think it's going to be cute. Think I'll make a few more.

Click here: for pattern. I'm doing Number 2. So far so good.

Hey Lee- Where you been Lady? - You know where I mean- come see us!

Oh thank you Sarah... I totally forgot about Yarncat's ornies.... she is so creative....

....I just got an Annie's catalog today and have been figuring out if I "need" to order anything...

Me too! (catalog)

You're welcome. I love those ornaments.:manyheart

Do any christmas decorations count?

i'm making a christmas cushion cover from the 200 crochet blocks book!

...and i just ordered a pattern from gormet crochet for a wee nativity scene - it's on one of the adverts in crochetville - i think it's so cute!!!

I need to do this. I want to make snowflakes to give with my Christmas cards to my co-workers. So, that means I have 20 snowflakes to make and I haven't even started yet! I'm going to start today though. They don't take long to make. I just have to make myself sit down and do it!

Just today I started a Christmas Ornament of sorts. It's a thread (white- was all I had) cnady cane cover. I think it's going to be cute. Think I'll make a few more.

Click here: for pattern. I'm doing Number 2. So far so good.

Hey Lee- Where you been Lady? - You know where I mean- come see us!

Hahahha! I've been here! ;) We are expecting a baby in December!!!! Yay! Praise the Lord! So, that's why it has taken me so long to get back on-line, I've been getting everything we need for the baby, I had already donated all of my baby stuff, thinking I wasn't going to have any more, but the Lord had other plans! So I haven't bought a new pc yet. My pc still isn't working right, we had it fixed...and some things don't work, I can't follow links, or post photos from my camera :eek Sooo, can you post the site name where you found the candy cane cover? I have been oogling the book in Annies Attic catalog that has candy cane covers. I hadn't taken the time to search the web for free patterns yet. See you over there in a bit! :manyheart

I have an ornament exchange at church so I need to get busy. I found some in a book--but the book is in the other room right now so I don't remember what it is called. (Pregnant brain and body will not allow me to get up and see at this moment. LOL)

Last yr my 2 daughters and I also made "quilted" ornaments with stryofoam balls and lots of little pins. LOL We might do some of those this yr. I just know that all that thread I got from the one grab bag sale is going to come in handy!

Anita, Those are great! I can't decide which one I like better. I love the ice skates, but you know, the gingerbread man has m&m buttons..... ;) Are they your own designs?

Thank you!

They aren't my own designs...

The gingerbread man is fashioned from this one. I just didn't make him a stuffie, I thought he was just as cute flat with a red ribbon behind his head. Someone on another post turned me on to this link.

The iceskate is here. It's from CPC. I LOVE it.

I liked making those quilted ornaments too. I have one that looks like a ppine cone made with red ginghams.

Thanks for the ice skate link. That is going to be a major surprise stocking stuffer gift for my 10 year old DD. Thanks!

Lee- Exactly - WHO is having this baby? You?

Lorraine

... I also like yarncats pattern for the Christmas card ornaments. I like the idea of using last years cards as ornaments for this year. The problem is I can never keep them on the tree. Everyone always wants them! ;)

Hopefully this photo will post, it was already loaded into my photobucket account. I made these last year.

th_Christmascardornaments.jpg

These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing :hook

I have lots of beautiful old Christmas cards just waiting for the right project. But I still have to find a puncher for those small holes...

I think I may have butted in, I'm having a baby, I thought from the post where you said Lady, (part of my name on another forum) that you were talking to me. ;)

Oh !! I see. Well congratulations to you on your baby!

Sorry for the scare Lee!

Archived