Forget Postmodern. AA's afghan for today...

that afgan looks lovely - i've just printed off the pattern!!

it's a nice more modern alternative to the giant granny squares i've done before - now i just need to find time to do it.....

I studied the pattern for a while to try to figure out how the stripes were added. Maybe I need another cup of coffee, but I couldn't quite get it. Do you wrap stitches down to the stripe below and then right back up? Can anyone explain it clearer?:think

I studied the pattern for a while to try to figure out how the stripes were added. Maybe I need another cup of coffee, but I couldn't quite get it. Do you wrap stitches down to the stripe below and then right back up? Can anyone explain it clearer?:think

I was just thinking that I would try to wrap my head around that problem.

I couldn't tell from reading it so I need to work up a swatch and try this one.

Ok, I did the test drive and it is really neat. You do prepare that whole series of 10 dc stitches down the ch 1 spaces and then you work them all off by drawing through 2 loops at a time. It is so-o-o-o-o-o cool! :cheer

Simplicity = elegance

That would be a good pattern to keep in mind if you were making a 'ghan for a guy, no frills.

I have been thinking just that. I need to make a ghan for my younger son and I could do this in two shades of green for him. It is also a goodly sized ghan... well I could add a few rows :wlol

that looks gorgeous wish I had the yarn for it, oh well just have to print that pattern and add it to my binder

Archived