personalized labels for your handmades

mimicat

If you want to have your own personalized labels to add a professional touch to your handmades, instead of buying you might consider making your own. Basically, you will need your computer, inkjet printer and iron. You do have to buy the iron-on transfer paper, but one sheet will make plenty of these labels. Also, you will need satin ribbons, or any fabric ribbons (I just used scraps of ribbons in my stash). These samples were the first ones I made, so it had some mistakes, but after this I was pleased with the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that idea!

I have an old one that I learned in a quilting class ages ago.

First you need a typewriter ( does anybody remember what they look like?) put your label fabric on the typewriter and type in the info you want. Rinse the finished label in white vinegar and let dry. Hand wash the label (gets rid of vinegar smell) in mild soap, rinse and let dry. The ink will be permanent on the fabric. The labels are pretty plain jane but they work.

Sheryl

Thanks everyone for your comments! I hope we'll see more handmade labels posted here.

...First you need a typewriter ( does anybody remember what they look like?) put your label fabric on the typewriter and type in the info you want. Rinse the finished label in white vinegar and let dry. Hand wash the label (gets rid of vinegar smell) in mild soap, rinse and let dry. The ink will be permanent on the fabric. The labels are pretty plain jane but they work.

Sheryl

That's really a very interesting tip, Sheryl! I would try that one too, if I find myself a typewriter;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived