Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

I'm kind of out of crafting today, but I'm hoping to work on my coat tomorrow.

You'll get back into it - meanwhile come on by and visit even if you're not:crocheting

I did finish my drawstring bag - could have made it bigger - need to take a "before" pic and then felt it sometime today....

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara - I love that shawl. It looks like the same one I want to make for the knitwits. Its from the Lion Brand webpage and uses Homespun. I need to buy the yarn and the needles for it though. I'll probably get to it early in the New Year :yes

My cardigan doesn't seem to be working out. I worked on the sleeves most of yesterday. I think I've got them looking right, but they keep turning out way too big.

However, when I tried it on again, I noticed that the neckline is way too bare. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

I'm thinking of frogging it and starting over, but I will first play with it a little to see what I can come up with. I'd make the same pattern, more or less, just change a few things especially at the neckline and the front edges..

Thanks, K!

I love the way the colors blend together with felting.

I'm going to put a hold on starting any new projects till I get a handle on this room of mine. I may actually have to us my clothes closet shelves for some tote bags and containers. I feel like I'm being squeezed out of this 10 by 10 room of mine! It's starting not to feel so welcoming...and it's not just yarn stuff ...there are books, too!

Babbette (GROOVE Cal) will have to wait a bit longer for me...:(

Judy~Your felted bag looks awesome, I love the felted look. :clap

You know you'll join us. :devil Just a little, come on......... *leaving a trail of yarn :yarn * :lol:P

I actually went in my totes to look through yarn the other day & my stuff was getting all entangled like I went through there like a tornado one day. SO mine is in some major need of cleaning up to but, but this is much more fun. So it'll wait until I need it & then i'll scream at it while i'm untangling it. Or i'll hand it to Doa or a kid & make them do it. :D:lol Yep, i've actually done that & they actually do it for me. :P

Okay, okay, promised pics. Oh, and the pics. outside are more like the actual colors. They definitely look more natural & light like that. It measures approx. 59/60" x 45" (stretchy,squishy yarn).

If it wasn't for someone else posting I would've forgot, again. :blush

(clickable)

th_000_0207.jpg

th_000_0204.jpg

Tab: The ghan is gorgeous, pink is one of my fav colors.

Mel: Missed you speedy, figured you were busy at the store and with Christmas stuff Hope you get to relax soon, but isn't :yuck inventory coming up shortly?

Judy: The bag looks great, keep saying I want to make one, but haven't worked up the courage yet. Growing up, if we shrunk (felted) things it was a big NO NO. So I need to get past that idea.

Cara: I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, because I don't think it is ugly at all. I only knit small stuff and would never have had the "stick to it iveness" to do a shawl. The beauty is also in the energy and hard work you put into it.:hug

As for my package, spoke to the postman and he remembers leaving the box on the porch, so it was stolen. I filed a police report and contacted the company that shipped it. They are giving me credit, so I won't have to pay for it.

I was able to make a quick stop at Kmart and picked up a few replacement items Christmas Eve, but it is not the same as all the special stuff I had picked out originally.

Sorry I didn't get on yesterday to wish all Happy Holiday & Merry Christmas but I was not home all day and I am starting to get past my missing presents ordeal, so I do hope that all went well for everyone, and Santa treated you good.

Thank you for the answer to my babette question.

Cara

I love it...i think it looks very cozy.

Judy

Love the colors on it and the way they blend....Its hard to not start new things so i made my New Year Resolution to not start anything until the ones in my sig are done and my yarn room is clean...my DD saw that a laughed her head off...she said I would never be able to do it :rolleyes We will see!!!

Wendy

That is beautiful and it looks warm.

Happy

Im glad you got that all fixed...i just don't understand people sometimes.

Shay, I am using a stitch pattern from the 63 book. The soft cluster pattern. I am making strips with alternating rainbow and solids. When the strips are put together it will make a checkered effect. I liked the stitches because one side is smooth and when you look at the reverse side it is bumpy. Sort of like life itself. As you can see I am very into texture as well as color. I just finished the 3rd strip, there will be 7 all together.

Okay, okay, promised pics. Oh, and the pics. outside are more like the actual colors. They definitely look more natural & light like that. It measures approx. 59/60" x 45" (stretchy,squishy yarn).

If it wasn't for someone else posting I would've forgot, again. :blush

(clickable)

th_000_0207.jpg

Tab, what is the name of the pattern behind the new one? I would like to make something like that.

Shay, I am using a stitch pattern from the 63 book. The soft cluster pattern. I am making strips with alternating rainbow and solids. When the strips are put together it will make a checkered effect. I liked the stitches because one side is smooth and when you look at the reverse side it is bumpy. Sort of like life itself. As you can see I am very into texture as well as color. I just finished the 3rd strip, there will be 7 all together.

That sounds very pretty i like texture too just don't have the patience for the stitch's sometimes...i cant wait to see a photo of it.

Judy your bag is gorgeous.

Tabby I love your ghan, did you make it for yourself.

The ghan that is behind Tabbys new one is called Windwalker I think.

I have started the babette and just realised that going through my bags that I still have the zebra brites ripple to finish, so I must tackle that one soon.

Carol, I think that was windwalker pattern from Cara's site.

I'm so happy you made a police report and weren't charged for the stolen package!!

...also the reason I'm cleaning up "my" room...is that it is really my writing room, and I'm feeling the pull to write again....

Cro - Sorry, I can't remember your "real" name...

I am pretty sure that pattern is one of Cara's on www.happyyellowhouse.com ... is that the one about "wind"????

I have been to happyyellowhouse quite a few times, I am not familiar with a pattern you mention. I was testing out doing different stitches for the Caron Super Soft Cal, using my 63 stitches book, and took a liking to the soft cluster stitch. I thought it would look good as a checkered afghan, so I worked out doing strips that would be joined as a ghan. I just went into the site and couldn't find one with "wind" in it. I would like a direct link to that pattern if someone has it, I don't want to claim something as my idea if it was previously done by someone else. :yes

"Carol" is real name....:D

Archived