Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good night ladies...see ya in the morning.

I know this CAL will get moving once Christmas is over.

Here's the bag I just finished for my 16 yo niece

th_HPIM0355.jpg

Hi Ladies,

Shay - Glad you're leaving the red in the center only. Very nice RR.

Carol - You deserve everything you got today. The more you give, the more you're blessed to give. I'm glad you found such great bargains. :cheer:clap

Judy - Love the purse for your niece.

Have a good night ladies. Going to try to do a little crocheting before going to bed.

i'm kind of new here and not sure how this works. can i join now or does it have to be at a certain time? if i can, i would love the motivation of a cal. i want to finish a shawl or little shrug or something to wear to my christmas party...i bought the yarn yesterday, bernat bamboo in ivory, and i love it. we'll see how i do...

oh, the bamboo yarn is sooo soft - i'm just in love with it lately. i made a flowered scarf-type thing for my mother out of it and found that it's really nice to work with, although better with a plastic hook than aluminum because the pointier hooks tend to get caught up a little. but it's not bad compared to other yarns and, like i said, it's so soft and works up beautifully.

as for patterns, i thought about using the bolero pattern from lion brand (it calls for some kind of ribbon yard, trellis maybe?) it's a pretty simple pattern, but i don't want to cover the front of my dress because i love it and just need something to keep me warm. also it uses an N hook so i'm much more likely to finish in time!

Tabby, thanks...I also picked up 2 zippered bags to include - one for drivers license, ID, the other for whatever... I did not want to line this thing!!

Welcome, Norah! The more the merrier...and if you have a pattern you'd like to share, feel free to post it.

I have a shawl a SP made for me from bamboo yarn...it's scrumcious!

Norah, welcome to the group and to Crochetville! Glad to have to join us. :welcome

I'm so stiff and sore this morning, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do. Hopefully, the stiffness will work itself out as I get moving. I'll try a hot shower too.

Shay- love the RR- I won't make a vote either way-- I like it the way it is, but wouldn't know what to say about adding the red, unless I SAW it with some red on the outer part, then I could say.

I'll just vote along with everyone else-- this makes it look like a flower, with red as the center . :)

Judy- your niece should love her purse, it is really cute ! Nice colors, too for a girl who likes jeans !

Norah-welcome, you are allowed to jump in any old time, we love to have new people in the group .

Carol-it sounds like you made a haul, and don't feel bad or guilty-- sometimes I do the same, I buy me a bunch of yarn then think I shouldnt have,but I guess we all deserve a treat now and then .

Shaylen I love the RR :manyheart. I love how you have the middle red. If it was mine, I would keep the red in the middle only. But, that is just me (and a few others here :lol), you have to make the final decision :D

Carol sounds like you had a great day shopping :clap:clap. Don't feel guilty or selfish for buying yarn and other goodies for yourself. We all need to indulge once in a while.

Judy what a cute purse. I'm sure your niece will love it. I sure do :yes:yes

Norah :welcome to the group. We love having new people join us. Grab your :hook and start :crocheting your project. One of these days I'm going to buy some bamboo yarn to make myself something. I haven't decided what yet, though.

Archived