Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :flower

Favorite cookie for the holidays huh? Well, I do love Mexican Wedding cookies :yes But my favorite to make are good ol' peanut butter cookies :drool I could live on peanut butter cookies :lol

Tabby - Hooray for getting for yarn finally :jumpyay:dance:jumpyay

Krystal - I'm here just up very late. Stay up doing some stuff with the website last night and didn't realize how late it had gotten. I'm paying the price with a rip-roaring headache but it seems to be fading now :D

Judy - I too saw that rug and this CAL is the first thing I thought of! I could use that right inside my front door :yes

Cookies we like best are

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and Male cookies....these are the ones i like the most and make the most......yum,yum.I also make allot of turnovers this time of year.

Tabby

Glad you got your yarn now :cheer

In my searching around this site, I've seen links to lots of patterns for the RR. But which is the best one to use for worsted weight yarn?

I'm thinking it's the one from SewOnFire, but it has a mistake, and when I clicked on the link for the correction to the mistake, it gave me an error message.

Any help for a newbie is much appreciated. Thanks!

You are not a dipstick....i always forget that most people don't know them...it was a very old recipe that my great great granny passed down through that years and i don't know where she got it and for some reason men seem to love them the most,thats why they are called Male Cookies.

Recipe

Male Cookies

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

Melt in 9" baking dish

2 cups light brown sugar, packed

1 cup self rising flour

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

Pour melted butter over brown sugar.

Mix in eggs and flour. Add vanilla.

Pour mixture into baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes.

Cool and cut into squares and roll in confectioners sugar.

Linda

That is very pretty...is it heavy??

In my searching around this site, I've seen links to lots of patterns for the RR. But which is the best one to use for worsted weight yarn?

I'm thinking it's the one from SewOnFire, but it has a mistake, and when I clicked on the link for the correction to the mistake, it gave me an error message.

Any help for a newbie is much appreciated. Thanks!

The error is a simple one: if you see where the asterisk is for row 3....move it to the directions immediately before it that say: "skip one stitch". That's where the repeat starts...I just looked at my printout and just finished making one, so it should be right.

Have fun:yay

I'm ashamed to say that I WAS NOT JOKING. I know someone who says she only likes MALE chocolate - the kind with NUTS!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Shay - Those cookies sound intriguing :yes I'm gonna have to try them just to see what they taste like. I can't imagine how they would taste but I'm always up for something new foodwise :D

Linda - Fabulous RR!!! :jumpyay

Favourite Christmas Cookies = Butter Shortbread

I have not been on for a couple of weeks... :blush but I have managed to complete the Soft Wave and I love it. The photo is not the best as I am eager to show and I took the photo at night. I completed it with an edge that riminds me of the old fashioned rick rack I remember from years ago.

I also have made a pillow for the teacher I have shared an office with for the last 2 years. She is retiring this year.

The last one is the baby ripple that I started 2 weeks ago. I am almost finished.

2621763450058018460YJdabC_th.jpg

2860023120058018460BSOrlD_th.jpg

2391657750058018460mvcjeX_th.jpg

2123284790058018460DNWnYg_th.jpg

Ines - Wow! You've been a busy little hooker haven't you? I cannot believe you already have your wave done! It's fabulous! Love that pillow as well and the baby RR is great! Wonderful work :jumpyay!

Ines, those are all just lovely! Great Job!!!! :yay:cheer:yay

Shaylen, yup! This is going to be heavy. Which is fine with me, since I'm always cold, and this one is going to stay mine.

Ines, your work is beautiful!:yay

I know how you were able to get it all finished...we yak on here too much and you have self-discipline!:hook

The error is a simple one: if you see where the asterisk is for row 3....move it to the directions immediately before it that say: "skip one stitch". That's where the repeat starts...I just looked at my printout and just finished making one, so it should be right.

Have fun:yay

Thanks! I intend to have a great time completing one of these.

Now to pick colors this weekend!

Archived