Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Julie I was gonna ask the very same thing.

I hate lining things, one of my least favorite things to do.

My zebra ripple is going well and I have a question for all you experts out there, that are so color coordinated. My ripple now has 2 rows of yellow, orange, green, pink, purple, blue, with one row of zebra yarn in between. Now do I keep going back with the yellow and start again or do I do a few rows of zebra yarn like I did in the beginning and then pick up with the yellow. Or maybe do a few rows zebra yarn then do all the colors in a row without the zebra.

Is there any way we can see a picture? I'm a visual kinda person... my thoughts at THIS point would be to do a bunch of rows of zebra, and then maybe a "border" with a thin stripe of each color with a thin stripe of zebra in between each.

I have been busy finishing the graphghan I'm doing for my soon to be great nephew... I have 6 of the baseball team logos squares made... Mommy and Daddy have actually seen 13 different baseball teams play at the stadiums but it's kind of hard to make a ghan with 13 squares... I put it aside and just realized that the baby shower is this saturday.. yikes... I should have it done with no problem though... I have a question.. I need to have a color to go around the squares do you think white would be good... the squares are all different colors depending on the team colors... for instance I have like 3 different shades of blue, black, red,

I also have to make a bunch of scrubbers for Mom to sell at the church bazaar... they are made out of nylon netting... cut into 2 inch strips... tied together and then crocheted into a scrubber..

For the baseball ghan, I think white would be nice to bring it together. Another option is a beige, which would hide the dirt well, and still be neutral. My first thought was "What about the green like the outfield"? Given the choices, I'd go with beige/tan.

Gotta get the kids moving. DD still has pinkish eye, so no school. They'd just call me back to come pick her up as soon as the nurse looked at her.

Did anyone see today's AA FPOD? I'm not a doily fan, but that one is PRETTY!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara- you are good at sewing too, aren't you, so that will be a breeze for you.

I had a sewing machine ONCE .

Got so mad at the blasted thing I threw it out . The danged thread kept getting wadded up in a knot under that little hole it goes into -- GEEZ, I'd get so mad, smoke would blow out my ears .

I soon learned that sewing wasn't a relaxing hobby for me .

Cara- you are good at sewing too, aren't you, so that will be a breeze for you.

I had a sewing machine ONCE .

Got so mad at the blasted thing I threw it out . The danged thread kept getting wadded up in a knot under that little hole it goes into -- GEEZ, I'd get so mad, smoke would blow out my ears .

I soon learned that sewing wasn't a relaxing hobby for me .

Oh that used to happen to me too :yes Until I quit being so cheap and bought a good machine. Only cost about twice what the cheapy ones cost and man oh man! I have actually sewn through leather with that thing! It's great for making handbags, my other weakness next to yarn :blush

Hi Everybody! I haven't posted in a while because I stopped working on anything for ME for a while BUT I just finished the Garden Party Wrap I started and it turned out great! It's from the Leisure Arts Simply Soft Garden Party pattern book.

Of course my camera batteries died when I went to take a pic so as soon as it's recharged I'll post a pic!

Kim

Hello Ladies!

I went MIA over the weekend. I didn't touch the computer it was kind of nice. I was thinking of you all and hope for those of you who had Thanksgiving that yours was nice and for everyone else hoped you had a great weekend. I got to do a square of my me afghan. I also thought I would show off my Christmas tree. My kids and hubby wanted it up right after Thanksgiving and I don't mind. It has fiber optics all over it so it changes colors. Cara I love your bag and now need to make myself one. Thanks. Again hello ladies and hope all is well.:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

ripple-bag-018.jpgripple-bag-019.jpg

Ashley, your tree is lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Morning, everyone. Nothing doing on the ME front currently. I'm finishing Christmas projects. Have a great day!

Shelly, TY for the link. I used a cross stitich pattern to make the Greek Key border on a baby ghan....:hook

Ashley, the tree is gorgeous!:yes

do you remember my first shawl i wanted to make?? i`m makeing nordstorm hobo bag (there is a cal for it) in the same yarn

if i had time i`ll try to finish the shawl tomorrow or re-do it with easier pattern

it will match most of my cloths that i`m gonna take it to the hotel ;)

Ashley I haven't been working on any ME projects either. My tree skirt is at a stand still till I get to the other side of town. Hopefully next week while MIL is in town I'll be able to head over that way and make a quick stop to grab some more.

Valerie - The ghan is great!! I realy like it :yes

Ashley - Very nice tree!

I got handles for the bag today. Just went with bamboo. Wish they come out with some nicer ones that don't cost a fortune.

Okay so I go to see what the handles will look like on the purse. I look up and Misa is asleep in the purse :P:cat

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol...they DO like bags...;)

Okay so I go to see what the handles will look like on the purse. I look up and Misa is asleep in the purse :P:cat

:rofl:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl I can see Sarge doing the same thing if the bag was big enough. Sarge is NOT a small kitty. :lol :lol :lol

I have a feeling my ME RR is going to end up as a Christmas present. Just remembered someone I forgot to make something for. DUH!!! Oh, well. After Christmas I've got a whole list of things I'm going to make/finish for me.

Archived