Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Nope :no Took a nap earlier and now I can't sleep :P Plus, I had too many ideas in my head when I tried about an hour and a half ago to sleep so I decided to get up and try one :hook

I can identify... as soon as I opened my eyes I wanted to start (AGAIN!) the Van Gogh ripple, with the better color placement!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's truly a sickness :lol

Yup...but at least we have something GOOD to show for it (if you don't count the depleted bank balance:lol)

see y'all later....

Hey there everybody.

I did about 6 rows yesterday on my granny ripple but today I started a bright zebra ripple, I didnt do any on my blended ripple nor anything on my xmas ripple.

Im now working on xmas blended bright granny zebra ripples....:lol:lol

Here is my bright zebra ripple.

I have used caron ss brites and am about to add the green. I made a mistake and used a M Hook when I should have stuck to my I hook. I dont have anything in between. Anyway as a result the brites yarn is too thin for the M hook so I have had to use 2 strands. I know I should have restarted.

But Im hoping it doesnt look too bad.

th_P1020790.jpg

Wendy, I clicked on the pic to better see the brites RR.

You probably would have been better with the smaller hook, but with the looser stitches it just means it won't be heavy and thick. Which ALSO means you can use it in warmer weather!:yay

I wouldn't frog it if I were making it....

I'm just waiting to see if she starts complaining once she turns that sucker when it gets bigger :lol That's the thing that's keeping me from mine. :lol

When the afghans get big enough, you actually only turn the top part of what you're working on, the bottom stays where it is. Keeps your toes warm this way!

That's what I told Phil when we left Michaels last night! I was looking for one thing, they didn't have the color:(...and as we were browsing (I TOLD him he could wait in the car:D) - he saw the RHSS "Ocean". He really liked it, so...I grabbed a couple of skiens. Then I said...wonder what would go with it...white? Black? His hand grabbed a skien of soft navy...and we went to the check out:)

He has a great eye! I already started a waves ripple for his nautical themed home office!

I told him knowing how colors match didn't mean he had to forfeit membership in the "manly-man" club:lol:lol:lol

I always run my stuff past my husband. He won't "pick out" clothes, as he is a little color-challenged, but he will look at something and give me a look if it's too outrageous. Sometimes I want that look, though. I showed him the fall afghan the other day and said "What do you think?". He looked at me said - it's UGLY. Then he follows it up and says "It looks like a pile of leaves". Which was EXACTLY what I was going for, so I said "Thanks!" I don't like it either, but I know the recipient will!

Wendy, I clicked on the pic to better see the brites RR.

You probably would have been better with the smaller hook, but with the looser stitches it just means it won't be heavy and thick. Which ALSO means you can use it in warmer weather!:yay

I wouldn't frog it if I were making it....

I would frog it. I hate holes in my afghans, my toes get stuck!

Morning, all.

Shaylen, your ripple is beautiful. I made one for a king-sized bed a long time ago that had something like a foot of overhang on the sides and foot. I didn't want to have it end up all on one side of the bed. (Hubby was a cover thief at times.) It takes longer, but it's worth it.

Wendy, I liked the look of your RR. Wouldn't change a thing.

Happy crocheting all.:hook

Seeing as i am always pushing for punishment I want to join! I'll be working on one of these for myself

60040a.jpg

I don't know what color yet as I need to run down to Ac Moore and see what they have in stock and it was just my luck I checked there sales add and the homespun is on sale this week.. Now was that a hint or what lol..:P

Ok well it might not be finished for a bit but I would love to sport one of these !

Kristy:c9

Hello ladies,

Good morning hope all is well.

Shaylen - I really like your Ripple. Are you doing sc or dc?

Aussie & Judianne - Thanks I am going to go with Judianne idea of doing the whole afghan in that square but of the 4 different colors. I can't wait now to start since I know what I'm going with. Thanks for your help gals!!! :hook:hook:hook

I am going to start! Talk to ya later.

Good morning ladies :flower

Kristy - Welcome to the group! Great pattern choice :yes And yes when the yarn gods speak you must listen :lol

Krystal - Hmmm, that's true about the turning. Of course, I'll have to wait and try to get it all made in the 3 weeks in January where it's actually cold enough not to give me a heat stroke :lol

Linda - So you lived with a cover hog too huh? :lol My wave would be for the guest bed because Big Daddy would have it all in a wad after one use :lol

Wendy - Oh now I really like the RR with the zebra and the orange and yellow :yes I wouldn't frog it either unless it just really bugs you.

I've had to rethink my tote bag. Think I'm gonna spend some quality time with the new idea today :hook

Have a good one y'all :hug

Good Afternoon Ladies :waving

I didn't make it out by noon, it was more like 1:00. But that is ok since I don't have to be back at work until 6:00 am Tuesday.

Wendy, I love the Zebra Bright RR. I want to work on mine some more, but I really have to get some of the Christmas RR's done first.

Kristy, welcome to the group.

Time for me to grab my hook, a RR and get busy hookin' while I watch some Football, then Nascar (the last race of the year) :cry:cry

Have a great Sunday Ladies:flower

hello ladeis

too much to talk about huh....

wendy-you caught the addict from mel , now you have 2 ripples to work on , one done, another last year, and i remember you wanted to make one for your table for christmas :lol

i`m looking forward the competetion between you and mel with numbers of ripples you`ve done in your siggie :rolf

Hi, Mel....you sound like you're all back to normal! Feeling good?:manyheart

Kristy - that's a beautiful pattern...welcome to the group:hug

Hi, Mel....you sound like you're all back to normal! Feeling good?:manyheart

Kristy - that's a beautiful pattern...welcome to the group:hug

Judy, Yep, feeling much better :hug. Don't know about 'normal'. Ask anyone that knows me and they will say I am far from normal :rofl:rofl

I can eat and drink again :clap:clap

Judy, Yep, feeling much better :hug. Don't know about 'normal'. Ask anyone that knows me and they will say I am far from normal :rofl:rofl

That's why I've been sometimes called "Gracie";)

Wendy, I hate to hear that you are starting it over, but if you weren't happy with the way it was, you would have never finished it.

I just noticed a BIG oops in the RR I'm working on. I guess I'll meet you at the Frog Pond :frog:frog

Kristy, Welcome to the group! :welcome That's a nice looking pattern.

Mel, Glad you're on the mend!

So far I've watched two movies and I'm crocheting up a storm with saltines for my Mr. Rooster Quiltghan. It's a surprise Christmas present for my friend and neighbor, Rosie. She's seen the pattern and the squares and loves it, but doesn't know that it's for her. :devil :devil :devil

This is going to be a busy week. I'm repairing an heirloom bedspread for Kim's aunt and will be delivering on Thanksgiving Day. She doesn't know it's almost done. :devil :devil :devil

I'm off to make more squares. :hook

Shay your ripple is awesome...

Ashley I had just got the Amber waves pattern a few days ago, it is so nice looking, can't wait til after Christmas to try it out...

I finished my 3 scarves I needed for Thanksgiving, and am now lining the 2 purses that go with 2 of the scarves and then I can get back to ME things. I was RAOK'd with the most comfy warm ghan and shawl yesterday so I can cross them off my ME list (and they won't be going anywhere). So now I am checking through my poncho patterns...anyone have any suggestions? It has to have a wide neck opening because of bad neck, can't tolerate any weight on that area.

Archived