Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley, were you thinking of a regular RR or something like on the Van Gogh CAL? That one we used a big hook and 2 strands of colors in a repeated pattern in order to blend the colors. The look is terrific!

I MUST do the cuff of my sock tonight, because tomorrow they start the rest of it.

Are you on a CAL for the socks? Or just a tutorial?

Ashley

That is so pretty...i love the colors,is it a variegated??

Mel

Love the blue you are using...i just love RR.

Ines

I haven't started my Wave ripple yet but plan on starting in a day or too,got the stripe pattern all picked out and the yarn ready just need to start.

Ashley, were you thinking of a regular RR or something like on the Van Gogh CAL? That one we used a big hook and 2 strands of colors in a repeated pattern in order to blend the colors. The look is terrific!

I will have to take a look at that CAL. Sorry what is RR, round ripple?

Yes it is variegated yarn with pink, brown, and cream and brown red heart. I love the napoleon colors right now. Thanks.:yay

Ashley, it is a round ripple...with the variegated yarn a simple RR would probably be best. Do you have pattern for one. If not Linda probably knows the links by heart;)

Those colors sound great!

Ashley- love the ripple bag, it is really cute.

Mel- the blues are pretty -- is that RH vaiegated in the blues and purples or another brand ? I've never used that color before .

It sounds like a lot of you are interested in doing THE WAVE ..........

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

This RR is a cotton one. I am using Sugar'N Cream. The blue variegate/ombre is called Swimming Pool. I made one of these in the same colors and gave it to my best friend/cosmic twin this summer. I just love the color.

This RR is my 13th or 14th ghan. I've lost count and I know at least one of them I didn't get a picture of. That is the reason I take lots of progress pic's now. I have also made 3 RR rugs (and have another one in progress now).

While I was at the Doc with my DD (yes, she has pink eye), I started to work on it. Well, that didn't last long, since I noticed 2 mistakes in the previous row. So I will be frogging a row of it later.

Mel~Love the RR colors, that blue var. is beautiful. :cheer

Ashley~Your bag is very pretty, great job! :clap

I did decide on a pattern out of one of my books here. It is a ripple but a little different then just a plain ole one. It's from the book "A year of afghans 1997". It's called "rippling effects". It is a mixture of a ripple & cables, very pretty. Here's a picture of it. I found it on e-bay in a leaflet. Different book but same pattern by the same company. Anyways, you get the point. :Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Leisure-Arts-afgan-pattern-book-Rippling-Effects_W0QQitemZ140175192731QQihZ004QQcategoryZ146336QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Tabby, that's a nice pattern...what colors will you use? Or is it the Vanna yarn?

I'm going to use the vanna yarn. I've already figured out the color placement but have no idea of how many of each row. Do you remember the stripe website everyone was talking about? Sorry, my body is up but I feel like my insides just aren't turned on. :think

I'm going to use the vanna yarn. I've already figured out the color placement but have no idea of how many of each row. Do you remember the stripe website everyone was talking about? Sorry, my body is up but I feel like my insides just aren't turned on. :think

http://www.kissyourshadow.com/stripe_maker.php

Mel, you must use a lot of balls of the P&C cotton - or do you get it in larger skiens?

I bought the large skeins when Michael's had them. I bought enough for a RR. Then when they put them on clearance, I bought quite a few skeins in a few colors. The 'swimming pool' color is my favorite (so far).

Mel - That is the first time I have seen that website and boy is it cool. I put in some color combos for a log cabin afghan and even though it is not the conventional strips it does help me figure out best color combos. So thanks for the site.:ty

I thought so...the larger skiens made so much sense...and that swimming pool color is really the best shade of blue I've ever seen!

Archived