Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

WDILT?

That there are all kinds of neat houdini-things for working on trucks. Reminded me of the "Easter Eggs" programmers put in computer games. Hunky Buns was telling me that if you take and jump a wire from this one spot to another, the computer will make the lights blink one way if your motor is running rich and another way if it's running lean. He had to show me it in the book, THEN show me it on my truck for me to believe it. I wanna know the engineer that decided to include THAT ONE when building the trucks!

Krystal, you are learning such neat stuff, and you don't have to mess up to learn it either. It's not that the only way I learn is screwing things up, it's just that this old brain of mine is too full, :wink. (Doesn't that sound good? :lol ) But seriously, this is a good idea, because we do learn if not from our own experiences, then from each other. Thanks

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Krystal, you are learning such neat stuff, and you don't have to mess up to learn it either. It's not that the only way I learn is screwing things up, it's just that this old brain of mine is too full, :wink. (Doesn't that sound good? :lol ) But seriously, this is a good idea, because we do learn if not from our own experiences, then from each other. Thanks

:rofl:rofl:rofl

That does sound good....I will try to remember that one in case I need to use it for when I do something stupid (and I will):yes

So when I do something stupid, I can just say my brain was too full and was getting overloaded, so it had a short circuit.

I've just been reading what's been going on here since this morning...you gals are a hoot!:lol:lol

Not much:crocheting today...been out all morning on errands. I want to work up a 6 by 9 rectangle to give to my neighbor tomorrow so she can use it as a template for her work. Then the comfortghan.

I always remind myself that the comfortghan will get to there when it's meant to arrive, and not to stress over trying to finish it in record time.

I usually start the day with 5 active brain cells, but by the end of the day I know I have depleted them all... :)

I am almost done with the one skein of yarn, but haven't really decided on the size of the baby blanket yet... Whats a good standard size for one?

I usually start the day with 5 active brain cells, but by the end of the day I know I have depleted them all... :)

I am almost done with the one skein of yarn, but haven't really decided on the size of the baby blanket yet... Whats a good standard size for one?

:rofl , sometimes I think I don't even have 5 ...

Per my reference book...

For preemies: from 18" to 24" square

Full term newborns: 28 to 36 inch square

Crib size: 30" X 36"

:rofl , sometimes I think I don't even have 5 ...

Per my reference book...

For preemies: from 18" to 24" square

Full term newborns: 28 to 36 inch square

Crib size: 30" X 36"

Thank you!!!!!

HAHA... Well, I used to start with more, but it seems as I get older they keep disappearing... don't know where they go to....

Depends...

NICU takes them as small as 16 inches, while some charities ask for 36. Do you have a Project Linus chapter near you? They could tell you what they need. Or check here on the forum, under charity crochet: Project Athena.

Well my WDILT didn't come til later yesterday........

WDILT? I learned that "$500 yearly maximum out-of-pocket" can turn into $1,630 out-of-pocket once an insurance company explains it to one properly :P

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I am closing again tonight, so I was able to spend my morning crocheting (and cleaning). I got a few more rows done on my wave ghan. I now have 21 panels of variegated, and haven't duplicated one yet. I have at least 5 more variegates to use before I will start repeating. I haven't decided which way I will repeat the colors....repeat the pattern as is or reverse the pattern and end with the one I started with. Decisions, decisions.

I also made myself another scarf last night. I used TLC Amore` and the color is Red Velvet. It is so soft. But I did learn something while using it....

WDILT: It is extremely hard to use this yarn if your hands are dry, so put on lots of lotion before using this yarn :yes

Here is a picture of the wave ghan. I didn't get a picture of the scarf because the battery died in my camera before I got to get better pictures of the wave or of the scarf.

th_ScrapieVarieWave2.jpg

clickable for details

Thank you Julie and Valerie.

I love this pattern, but next time I will use DC. The pattern calls for SC, but I did ESC to make it go a little faster.

Valerie, this is the pattern I am using: http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2008/01/ripple-with-multicolored-yarns.html

I love all of her patterns too, and I had a hard time deciding which one to do first. I wanted to use up some of my variegated 'scraps', so I decided to use this pattern first. The only problem is that I have a lot more variegated 'scraps' than I thought I had. Every time I turn around, I find another partial skein of variegated :lol

Well my WDILT didn't come til later yesterday........

WDILT? I learned that "$500 yearly maximum out-of-pocket" can turn into $1,630 out-of-pocket once an insurance company explains it to one properly :P

OUCH!!!!

Hey...how did you get 5???? I finally decided to crochet today while waiting with a friend at her doctor's appointment...and managed to lose my hook. Thankfully it was only a plastic G hook, not a good wooden one.

Double Ouch!!!

My WDILT; No matter how deep the snow or how cold or how many problems and stresses they have, a good neighbor will always pull through for you. God Bless all the good neighbors...

Cara, did you find out the soup expired after you opened it...or were you lucky, and just read the date on the can first?:eek

Mel, that wave ripple is gorgeous!! Thanks for the link:hug

Cara, did you find out the soup expired after you opened it...or were you lucky, and just read the date on the can first?:eek

After :yuck Was a little ..... vinegary :P I threw it out and now I have fresh :D

Archived