Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Jess!

We're a friendly group and in between the yakking actually crochet a bit!

Wendy, you're a :devil...but then, I don't really need any encouragement:blush

Carol, I hate to rain on your parade, but the pattern won't come out right unless you go back and forth. You'd still have to get that ch1, turn, 1 hdc & 1 dc in the last sc made down in order for it to work. :D

I just copied what you wrote for the turn and I am going to pull the pattern and see what I did wrong, because I tried it your way and it works.:huh:shrug

I just copied what you wrote for the turn and I am going to pull the pattern and see what I did wrong, because I tried it your way and it works.:huh:shrug

Sometimes it just takes looking at it again after stepping away for a while :yes I just wish I could remember that when I'm getting frustrated with something :blush

Sometimes it just takes looking at it again after stepping away for a while :yes I just wish I could remember that when I'm getting frustrated with something :blush

I must have been really frustrated because I don't have it, probably threw it away. Unfortunately it isn't in the Celt's site anymore either.

Where did the picture come from? I can do the turns on the squares, but in the pattern I originally had (like the pic) It called for one row of each color all the way across the ghan, and I was attempting to make two rows and it did not work for me, so I had to have been messing something up.

I'm so glad it worked for you, Carol. It's such a nice pattern and the blocks turn out soooo pretty. I just finished #6 this morning. It's solid pumpkin.

I'm so glad it worked for you, Carol. It's such a nice pattern and the blocks turn out soooo pretty. I just finished #6 this morning. It's solid pumpkin.

Wow! You and Wendy are just knocking those squares out! You'll be finished in no time. Hmmm, wonder if I should frog this stadium blanket and use that pattern instead? :scrachin No, think I'll leave it like it is. Plain ol' boring dc one row, sc one row :yawn More masculine looking that way anyway since it's for BIL :yes

Good Afternoon Ladies :D

I stopped at Hobby Lobby on my way home from work today and I must say that I was a very good girl :yes. I bought a size M Susan Bates Bamboo Handle Hook and 1 skein of yarn. Yes, ladies, you read that right...only 1 skein of yarn. I needed some royal blue ILTY for my DS's 2 strander, so that is all I got. I even resisted the clearance yarn, and there were some great deals.

I better go take my temperature now...I must be running a fever since I left all of the clearance yarn in the bins, even though they were calling out for me to take them home :fever

Oh, Mel, you must not be well:eek

Quick, run out again and get that yarn that's talking to you. You know it is:D

I'm going to stop in at Hobby Lobby Thursday on my way to get another hook..gonna use a 40% coupon and get another bamboo handle hook....and I will rescue some of the clearance yarn, as long as it is regular worsted yarn, not the fluffy, fun fur stuff.

That poor, neglected clearance yarn :P My hubs refuses to take me to Hobby Lobby any more. He says we can't afford to keep saving that much money on yarn ;)

:rofl:rofl:rofl

...I buy it...and hide it:devil

Here are a few pictures of the beginning of my wave ghan. I am using a K Hook. This is going to take a long time to do, but I that is ok....it will be worth the time. I am planning on keeping it, but Hilly (DD) keeps eyeballing it like she wants it. Since she has a 3 strander and a RR, I am keeping this one for myself, unless someone ends up needing it more than I do.

th_ScrapieVarieWave1.jpg

th_ScrapieVarieWave1a.jpg

clickable

Jess that is a pretty color.

Krystal yeah I just couldnt help myself.:lol

Judy you dont need anymore yarn, Judy you dont need anymore yarn. Is the hypnosis working. Follow the watch, side to side and repeat after me.... I need more yarn...I dont need anymore yarn...:lol

Carol im glad you got it worked out.

Mel you must be sick to have only bought one skein. You need to get some yarnabiotics to make you feel better.

Judy I try to hide the yarn I buy as well, trouble is I have the girls with me at the moment and they dibber dob on me to DH. Spotlight is having a sale with 100grams skeins for 99cents each.

Mel, that's gorgeous!!!!! I'm getting so in love with black....

Wendy - what a great sale!

...off for coffee with Phil...it's so balmy outside!!

I decided that for this one I am using only variegated and the black. When I make the next one, I will get more creative and use solids that match the variegated along with black. I have so much variegated to use up and this seemed like a good way to use some of it up. I have put all of my variegated in a box and when I need the next color, I just reach in the box and whatever I pull out is what I use.

I love making ghans using black and variegates.....I guess I am stuck on the 'stained glass' look.

Here are a few pictures of the beginning of my wave ghan. I am using a K Hook. This is going to take a long time to do, but I that is ok....it will be worth the time. I am planning on keeping it, but Hilly (DD) keeps eyeballing it like she wants it. Since she has a 3 strander and a RR, I am keeping this one for myself, unless someone ends up needing it more than I do.

th_ScrapieVarieWave1.jpg

th_ScrapieVarieWave1a.jpg

clickable

:rofl, where have I heard that before. It is looking good already, you have a great sense of color.:yes

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I am really liking this one. It is working up pretty quickly too. It is now twice the size it was when I took the pictures earlier today.

:rofl, where have I heard that before. It is looking good already, you have a great sense of color.:yes

I do believe I have said that a time or two, but it usually ends up going to someone that needs it more than I do. But I sure hope I can keep this one.

Miss Julie...come out, come out, wherever you are... What are you up to now that the gorgeous ghan is done?

Cara, hope you're still recovering nicely...and anyone else under the weather...be well soon:hug:manyheart

Wendy, stay cool;)

Good night my friends:hug

Archived