Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy, that sounds very good.

Mel, sorry that you are still feeling punk. Hope the vaporizer helps.

I just finished the second block for Becky's Block afghan. I think I'm going to make mine into a full sized afghan instead of just a lapghan. I now have one in black and one in bright red.

Nite, Judy.

Actually crocheted today! First time since I came down here that I got to pick up a hood and I worked on an old project from last summer, a lapghan size rectangle granny to go on Mom's sofa for those chilly moments I get. Speaking of chilly moments, with no heat tonight and a low in the teens, I just figured how to keep warm...take off my estrogen patch and have hot flashes all night!

Future son in law, bless his heart, remembered we had an electric oilfilled radiator heater in the camper and brought it in for me. He's also using a propane heater very carefully to warm up their room a bit, but I said if we have to they can come in my room with me.

Future son in law, bless his heart, remembered we had an electric oilfilled radiator heater in the camper and brought it in for me. He's also using a propane heater very carefully to warm up their room a bit, but I said if we have to they can come in my room with me.

Oh he just scored big MIL points didn't he :D When will they get in to fix your heat?

Here my photos for the week. All clickable

th_P1030075.jpg Zebra brites round ripple.

th_P1030072.jpg My waves of color purse before felting.

th_P1030074.jpgMy waves of color purse after felting. I did it by hand so not sure if you can see it or not.

th_P1030073.jpgBabette blanket over halfway, Im only using 7 colors and havent gone through a skein of any color yet. If I had known that before hand I would have just used all my scraps and used more colors. Oh well might do another later on.

Yep, I'm following you around the CALs Wendy :lol They all look fabulous! The Babette is an absolute stunner! The Becky's is lovely in the ombre! The zebra stripe yarn is like it was made to be used with the Brites! Good call on that :tup

Cara yeah when your in a few cals you tend to have to put the photos in a few places. :lol Im glad you like my stuff. thanks. :hug

Did you know that I showed the waves purse to the girls at work and they thought it looked great but thought it was really for a girl and that they wouldnt use it at all. Is this the case over there.

What size does the tote come out to be? If it's smaller then younger gals would carry them. The 17-25 year olds seem to like those itty bitty bags. I don't know how they get anything in them :lol I personally, carry around what seems just short of a suitcase. Older I get the bigger the handbag gets :lol

Wendy and Cara- when it comes to purses, I like the small ones myself. I probably look like an oddball if the small ones are more in style for younger girls, but I don't carry much in mine-- my cell phone, checkbook and wallet .

And Tylenol .

if I only had to carry my stuff the purse would still be big... I carry a notebook with medical info in it as well as at least one crochet project... plus stuff for the grandgirls, hubby's checkbook, his extra glasses and other odds and ends of his when we go anywhere together...

Hello everyone... made a cape for the fashion doll last night used up some scraps, started a purse from an idea I had, have to see how it turns out...

Good morning, Shelly, good evening, Wendy!!

Wendy, I love your stuff! The felting looks like it came out fine...I'll make a bigger version of the waves when I get to it so it comes out "my" size after it's felted. Love the Babette - did you decide to make the grannies all from one side? They look terrific, as does the zebra ghan...you're a fast worker!:crocheting

Shelly, are we rubbing off on you? Designing a bag! Keep us posted.:hook

And I got the wool purse kit yesterday. The wool looks great! Watch your mail...

Mel, the rug looks terrific...we are all getting so talented at using our leftovers...or "surprise finds" as in your case.:clap

Judy howdy and thanks. The squares on the babette Im turning the rows. Have you done any crocheting or are you still busy cleaning and have you started writing yet.

I;ve started writing but I need to query an editor to see if it's something they might consider using before I really work on an article I have in mind. I don't want to waste my time.

I've been working on the Friends squares when I do:crocheting...that will be done before I pick up anything else (I think:D)

Linda how many colors are you going to use.

Morning, everyone. It was cold again last night, but it's supposed to be warming up to about 50 today and warmer tomorrow. That's more like it. We are far enough north to have a definite change of seasons without the horrendous cold and piles of snow that you have up north. Suits me to a tee.

Wendy, I haven't a clue how many colors will be in it. This is another one where I'm making it up as I go.

I personally, carry around what seems just short of a suitcase. Older I get the bigger the handbag gets :lol

That's me, too, although I've always seemed to have a big one.

if I only had to carry my stuff the purse would still be big... I carry a notebook with medical info in it as well as at least one crochet project... plus stuff for the grandgirls, hubby's checkbook, his extra glasses and other odds and ends of his when we go anywhere together...

Yup, that's me. When I was married it was all the meds for the kids. And now it's stuff for me and for Kim. And sometimes for John, too.

Good Morning Ladies:waving

Wendy, I love all of your pretties. Great Job on all of them :clap:clap

I can't wait to get back to my 'zebra' RR.

Judy, thanks for the kind words on my rug. I had trouble sleeping last night (still feeling kinda punky), so I worked on the rug. It is coming along nicely. I'll take pictures later.

Time to call work and tell them I won't be in again today. I gotta kick this thing. The vaporizer is helping all the gunk break up. It is making breathing a little easier.

Mel, I'm glad the vaporizer is working. I never needed them, but when DS was small...well, we went through several!

Good afternoon ladies,

Kind of in a hurry, but wanted to get some pics going before I ran off to do laundry.

2 of the pics are of the "pick me up ghan" I am in the middle of, and one is of some of the large squares I am working on for one of the cancer comfort shawls. I had to take camera out to take pic of something else and figured I should do them as I always forget to do the Friday pics.

th_HPIM0650.jpg

th_HPIM0649.jpg

th_HPIM0648.jpg

will be back tonight to catch up on all the posts.

Hope you all have a good day...

Archived