Wish I May, Wish I Might... (glass crochet hooks)

Well, if someone bought one, let us know how it is... I think they are gorgeous and want to start hinting around for one for christmas...lol

Those have to be some of the most beautiful hooks I've seen in a long time. Have to add them to my own wish list. :rose I dont' normally use the larger size hooks I usually use the thread hooks. But for those I might just have to get some yarn.:hook

• 3 months later...

I saw your post last month and decided I had to have one of these hooks. So I placed an order for the Turquesa & Cobalt. About 2 weeks later, the owners responded to my email to let me know they were returning from a trade show and didn't have one in inventory, so they had to make it.

It arrived on Monday. It is simply gorgeous! It comes in a padded box (like pen/pencil sets) and with a guarantee that if they even scratch, send it back. Something to do with how the glass is made allows them to be repaired if it's ever necessary.

My charge card was not charged until I let them know it had safely arrived.

I made a resolution to not buy any more yarn until I used my stash, but I never said anything about new hooks!

Wish for any of these hooks to appear at my doorstep!! :drool

Are they not gorgeous?? :yes

But one hefty price tag... :eek

Wonder how I could justify buying one of these babies...:scrachin

They're ART, right?!?

:goodorbad

If I had that kind of money to spare :P I would totally try one out. If they're made of Pyrex I wouldn't be too worried about breaking it. I've dropped pyrex on a hard floor without it so much as chipping. (One time I did manage to break a pyrex dish, but that was such an act of extreme clumsiness it's hard to blame it on the dish--I tripped, it flew out of my hands and about five feet forward and crash-landed in the sink, where it broke into two pieces. I don't think it would've broken if it hadn't built up some speed while it was flying across the kitchen :lol )

• 4 weeks later...

Archived