Sweet Scallop Shawl CAL

HappyBunny

I think I figured this thing out!:yay I just did the first four rows and it looks right, or at least best I can tell from the pic. I also wish they had given a diagram with the pattern. It would have it alot easier to follow!:yes

I am using a light worsted weight wool that makes it real easy to see the stitches. The gauge is right but the stitches look alot more open than they do in the pic. I'm to keep going and see how it turns out. :hook

BTW, there are either mistakes in the pattern for Row 1 or I have seriously messed up and havent figured that out yet! :) Anybody else think Row 1 had some mistakes?

Kim

I would love to have a go at this with you. I am just finishing a starghan but should have that finished in the next day or two.

What do we do? Do we just post photos as we go? This will be my first CAL :clap:cheer:yay

Sharon

xxxx

I started this shawl and frogged it because I couldn't figure out the pattern easily, either - and I can usually figure it out, but I just did not have the patience for this one! After seeing that others have had the same issue, I'm tempted to email Lion and ask them about it.

I would love to have a go at this with you. I am just finishing a starghan but should have that finished in the next day or two.

What do we do? Do we just post photos as we go? This will be my first CAL :clap:cheer:yay

Sharon

xxxx

Hi Sharon, Just start posting anytime about how the shawl is coming along and if you have any problems or questions about the pattern. You can post pics as you go along or when you're finished.

Some of us are having trouble figuring out this pattern....hope you have better luck with it!

Kim:)

I started this shawl and frogged it because I couldn't figure out the pattern easily, either - and I can usually figure it out, but I just did not have the patience for this one! After seeing that others have had the same issue, I'm tempted to email Lion and ask them about it.

I thought about emailing them too, especially when the pattern says there are no corrections....and there should be!:angry I ended up frogging mine today too, for the second time, and set it aside for the day. I like the shawl but I may look thru my books and see if I can find a similar pattern that is well written!!:yes

Kim

Oh no! :ohdear

Well I would like to do something similar so if you find something can we still do it together??

I haven't given up completely! I'm sorry I gave that impression....I was just hoping to complete the shawl quickly to give as a gift and it's not working out like I planned.:(

I'm still going to try to figure it out! :yes

Kim

Sorry everyone is having problems with the pattern~

I'm just glad it wasn't just me!

I have asked several hooking buddies to look at it too and they were stumped as well!

If anyone emails the company about the pattern please post what they have to say!

I really want to do this one but until we figure out what is wrong I'm not going to fight with this one........

mgf~:yay

Well, So far, mine is looking mainly like the picture, although perhaps a bit more lacy (of course that could be cecause of the yarn I am using). The only real error I have found in the pattern is that once you get through the first set of crescents, as you are going through the next time, in row 2 (ie row 6,10,etc) it says, "3 dc in next sc" and what I had that I could put 3 dc into was a dc, so, that's what I did, and it seems to look ok. (Not sure if what I am saying is making sense).

The thing that I found really confusing about the way this was written was the way it kept telling me to skip all of these stitches that I wasn't even focusing on. It seemed like telling me where next to put my hook would have been a better way to phrase things.

Anyhow, I'll see if I can get a picture of what I have so far to share, although things are a little crazy right now, so it could be a few days before this is possible.

Misery loves company.

I saw the title on this forum and thought I'd try to get started on this pattern since I've had it for ages and tried it a few times. I'd check into the forum when I got the pattern figured out. Well, I got stuck again! with all the skips again! and then the curling again! in row 2 again!

Frogged it.

I'm willing to try again but have the feeling there's a boo boo somewhere. I don't think putting it aside for a month or two will make a difference this time. Rats. It sure is pretty and worth the effort once the pattern is righted. Thanks for contacting Lion Brand.

Count me in. :yes

I emailed Lion Brand this morning and told them about all the problems we're having with the pattern and asked for their help on it....Hopefully they have corrections in the works!!

I'll let everyone know once I hear back from them.

Kim

:( I heard back from LionBrand and according to them, there are NO corrections for the scallop shawl pattern....It's so disappointing! But they did say that we are welcome to email them and tell them what row we are on and what problem we are having they will try to help.

I personally am not going to keep trying on this pattern. It's just too confusing. I did start the ModaDea Scallop Shawl pattern and it's turning out really nice...and the pattern is very easy to follow! :yay

Thanks so much for trying this pattern with me!! :hug

Kim

wow that is really dissapointing

then let it be the scallope shawl cal for the one you`r making

I was disappointed too! The ModaDea scallop wrap pattern is really easy to follow and I'm already on row 5. I'll post pics when I'm done!

Kim

That's really disappointing to me too. Oh well, I guess I've got a ton of other projects anyway. Bought some buttons to decorate the stockings I made for my nieces and nephews - get to sew them on ... fun fun! NOT!! LOL I hate that part. I may play with this pattern with some gold old RH just to see what it does for me. Maybe by then someone else will have figured out some kinks too.

This is the response I got from Lion Brand:

The second and subsequent times you work row 2 you will be working 3 dc in next dc instead of sc. The first time you would work the row as indicated.

If it is curling, perhaps you are using a hook too small for the yarn. It's difficult to know since we cannot see your work.

If there is something specific you have a question about regarding this row, please let us know.

• 1 year later...

Archived