Sweet Scallop Shawl CAL

HappyBunny

I just came across this pattern on the Lion Brand website

http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=Search&searchText=sweet+scallops+shawl

And thought it would be make a great gift! Does anyone else want to make one with me? I'm not going to use Vanna's yarn, I have some other worsted weight yarns that I think will be perfect!

Kim:cheer

I'm in need to make a late birthday gift for a friend of mine the pattern I was using before was irritating me(poorly written :think ) and this one looks much more manageable.

NiYa :yarn

I would love to join this! I just have to get some yarn first though..which requires money..which will come from the new job I start wednesday LOL

So, not quite yet..but I will join eventually!!

This looks like it could be a scarf...I like it better when they show the picture of the item on a person

I was thinking it would be better as a scarf too.:yes I just worked up two rows but didn't like the yarn for the pattern so I need to find something else. But the good news is, it seems to work up real quick!:clap

Thanks so much to everyone that has posted and is interested in the pattern!:hook

Kim

I'm in, I think. I have some RH Soft in Teal that's looking for a project... this might be it!

When do we start? I'm on vacation Wed-Mon this week and I already have my projects picked out for that. :)

Heather

Jump in anytime you want! :yes I need to make one as a gift but I also have 3 other things in the works so it will take me a few days to get into it!

Kim

I'm in on this one. I actually had this on my to do list. I was going to make one for my sister for Christmas. I bought some Patons Brilliant in Black Dazzle to use for this. Not sure when I will be able to start, however, since I am in the middle of the Tunisian class. It may be another week or two.

Ok~picked up some yarn for this one tonight~so I'm in!:cheer :cheer

this should be fun!!

mgf~:yay

:yay What yarn did you get? I have some Red Heart Super Soft in Black that I think I'm going to use. The shawl/scarf is for my sister and she wears alot of black.

Kim

I'm in on this one. I actually had this on my to do list. I was going to make one for my sister for Christmas. I bought some Patons Brilliant in Black Dazzle to use for this. Not sure when I will be able to start, however, since I am in the middle of the Tunisian class. It may be another week or two.

The Patons Brilliant would be perfect! I wonder if I have any of that hidden away....

Kim

How is everyone coming along on this~?

I have frogged row 1 twice~something just isn't right. It could be that fact that I'm on painkillers from back surgery~:out They have kinda made my loopy~so I have decided to wait until I'm all here to try it~I hate to frog!:2frog

I would love to see how people are coming along on theirs!

How is everyone coming along on this~?

I have frogged row 1 twice~something just isn't right. It could be that fact that I'm on painkillers from back surgery~:out They have kinda made my loopy~so I have decided to wait until I'm all here to try it~I hate to frog!:2frog

I would love to see how people are coming along on theirs!

I'm just getting ready to start mine this week! Did you get that first row going any better? Hope your back is better soon!

Kim

I finally started my shawl tonight. I found the pattern confusing at first. Something about the way it is written seemed to confuse me. I kept wishing there was a diagram. Anyhow, after a bit of frogging :2frog , I am off and running. It is going well now and I have gotten 3 repeats of the scallops done so far.

So how is everyone else doing? :hook

I started the other day and had the same problem so I put it aside. The Half Moon Shawl pattern by Lion Brand was confusing in the beginning too. I think they just don't write their patterns very well...

I'll restart mine today and see if I can figure out what I was doing wrong!

Kim

That is so pretty!!! I just may have to make this for my Mom for Xmas ... I had wanted to make her a wrap but hadn't decided on a pattern. I wonder how this would look worked up with the Lion Suede? I have about 9 balls of it in maroon.

That is so pretty!!! I just may have to make this for my Mom for Xmas ... I had wanted to make her a wrap but hadn't decided on a pattern. I wonder how this would look worked up with the Lion Suede? I have about 9 balls of it in maroon.

I have 6 balls of the Lion Suede too and was thinking about using it too. Right now I'm trying to figure out the pattern with some RH SS until I get the pattern right....

Kim

This scarf is mighty tempting! I also wonder about the suede :think I am seriously thinking of making this for my SIL for Christmas. I'd also like one for me :devil I am hitting a store (Marden's) this evening that used to have suede on sale for $1 so if they still have some I'll be getting it :D

This is what my sister asked for Christmas!! Yay! I'm totally in! :clap

I was going to try and make it a scarf too! I was thinking I would only have two shell across rather than three. The dimensions say it's 18 inches finished and I was hoping that if I had two shells it would be closer to a 12 inches (2/3 x 18=12) wide. Do you think that will work? :hook

This is what my sister asked for Christmas!! Yay! I'm totally in! :clap

I was going to try and make it a scarf too! I was thinking I would only have two shell across rather than three. The dimensions say it's 18 inches finished and I was hoping that if I had two shells it would be closer to a 12 inches (2/3 x 18=12) wide. Do you think that will work? :hook

Sounds like it would work to me!

Kim

Archived