Great Yarn deals.

Well I went w/ my mom yesterday to a craft show in Syracuse thinking it would be boring but safe that I wouldn't spend any money. After the craft show we went to The Christmas Tree Shop. They had LB Suede for $1.29, which normally retails at $5.99 a skein :eek I just had to buy some how could i say no? :lol So then we go to this Good deals dollar store (or something like that) in Cortland. THEY HAD A WHOLE HALF OF AN ISLE OF YARN!!!!!!!!!:eek:eek:eek:eek All for only a dollar!!! and it was a bunch of good brands. I have never seen that much yearn at a dollar store ... what was I supposed to do???:blush I bought 2 skeins of Moda Dea Sassy Stripes and 3 skiens of Moda Dea Cache :manyheart So for my 13 skeins of yarn i spent 15.32! Can't beat that :manyheart

Oh and heres a pic :)

October010-1.jpg

Nice buy! I just saw at Walmart up here, that LB Seude is going for $4.00 on clearence. I didn't get it, I have no idea what to do with it. The skeins are so small compared to the Red Heart I buy.

That's a Real Deals Dollar Store in Cortland. I was in there this past Monday and got some RHSS in Fiesta Jewel. They also had Mainstays in a pale yellow, but I didn't get any of that. I love that place!!

We live in Chenango County, so that store is a bit of a drive, but lucky for me we have a Real Deals about 10 minutes from here and they always have yarn. As long as you're not looking for something specific it's a great place to stock up.

Cortland....hmmmm....I live in Boonville. It would be too much of a drive for me I think...

Don't you just love the Christmas Tree Store? Syracuse is about 1 1/2 hours from me, but I try to get there a few times a year!

Congratulations on you great score!

That's a Real Deals Dollar Store in Cortland. I was in there this past Monday and got some RHSS in Fiesta Jewel. They also had Mainstays in a pale yellow, but I didn't get any of that. I love that place!!

We live in Chenango County, so that store is a bit of a drive, but lucky for me we have a Real Deals about 10 minutes from here and they always have yarn. As long as you're not looking for something specific it's a great place to stock up.

If you dont mind me asking wheres the real deals in chenango county? I live in Broome. In Binghamton to be more specific ... so cortland is like a half hr away.

Cortland....hmmmm....I live in Boonville. It would be too much of a drive for me I think...

Don't you just love the Christmas Tree Store? Syracuse is about 1 1/2 hours from me, but I try to get there a few times a year!

Congratulations on you great score!

Right now syracuse is the closest one for me ... But they are building one here in Johnson City (like 5 miles from my house) I cant wait :)

There's a Real Deals in Norwich. I live in Oxford, so it's close for me, but probably farther for you. :(

I have a sister who lives in Binghamton, well....technically it's Port Dickinson, but it's ALLLL Binghamton to me. She works at Lourdes.

Nice to meet you!:hi

Beautiful yarn! :cheer

I admire your restraint! Had it been me, I would have bought everything in sight! LOL! I ran into a similar problem the other day at Dollar Tree. When I walked in, they had a bin of Lion Brand Ribbon Yarn for $1 each. They had about six different colorways, I ended up buying all they had in each of two different colorways. One is a variegated blue and the other is variegated fall colors. I bought 9 skeins of each. I would have bought a third but they really didn't have another that appealed to me all that much. There was a totally rainbow one that was kind of pretty, but I thought it would look too clownish made into something for me, and there was one that went from white through the grays to black, but I decided to settle for the blue and the fall colors. I've never made anything with the ribbon yarn, I don't even know if I like working with it, but hey, it was only $1 a spool, so who could resist? :lol

Elle

There's a Real Deals in Norwich. I live in Oxford, so it's close for me, but probably farther for you. :(

I have a sister who lives in Binghamton, well....technically it's Port Dickinson, but it's ALLLL Binghamton to me. She works at Lourdes.

Nice to meet you!:hi

Even for someone who lives in Binghamton its all Binghamton to me too :lol I work in Vestal and even that is still Binghamton to me :devil Yea I think Norwich is like an hr? and Cortland is only half an hr :lol so probably better to just go there. I was shocked that they expanded the real deals in Cortland tho it used to be dinky and now its HUGE:cheer

Nice to meet you too :)

Beautiful yarn! :cheer

I admire your restraint! Had it been me, I would have bought everything in sight! LOL! I ran into a similar problem the other day at Dollar Tree. When I walked in, they had a bin of Lion Brand Ribbon Yarn for $1 each. They had about six different colorways, I ended up buying all they had in each of two different colorways. One is a variegated blue and the other is variegated fall colors. I bought 9 skeins of each. I would have bought a third but they really didn't have another that appealed to me all that much. There was a totally rainbow one that was kind of pretty, but I thought it would look too clownish made into something for me, and there was one that went from white through the grays to black, but I decided to settle for the blue and the fall colors. I've never made anything with the ribbon yarn, I don't even know if I like working with it, but hey, it was only $1 a spool, so who could resist? :lol

Elle

If I had more money w/ me i would have bought more :lol Plus I knew money was going to be tight for the next few weeks as I just started a new job and I'm going to have a small paycheck from my last job and its gonna take a bit to get a pay check from my new job ... so really shouldnt have bought anything:blush But how could I resist?:think

Archived