SNB One Skein Scarves are Addictive

Does anyone else find these One Skein Scarves addictive? I am on my 5th one in less than 2 weeks!! Add to that number the 6 that were done in the few months prior. I find myself digging thru my bags and bags of stash looking for almost full skeins to make more of these.

Really, I do have a good excuse for making these. Most are being sent to Pine Ridge Indian Reservation for my charity group. Others have been given to friends and family for the upcoming cold months. Am I insane? I can't seem to stop making these (along with the yo yos for an afghan). :hook :hook :hook

where do you get the pattern for these? I would love to try it.

They are in the Stitch and Bitch crochet book by Debbie Stoller. Lots of great patterns in that book. See if you library has it.

I made one in Lion Wool a few weeks ago. I'm addicted to the Seija hat pattern in that book. I've made at least a dozen. I need to make more of the scarves to go with all the hats! I love that book.

This is an awesome pattern!

I haven't been crocheting for a while and decided to pick it back up~have hooked a few of these myself!

Currently working on one in red~but the one I just recently finished was verigated denim, greens and reds! Now just who do I give it to~

mgf~:yay

I have made three so far. They are addicting. One I made in my DD's bf's school colors and she loved it. Orange and black trim.

You can also make them wider by just making more rows of the double crochets before doing the trim/edging.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Question about the One Skein Scarf....when you start the border row, do you ch 3? Or do you just turn and go right to it?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

-Jen

My mom bought that pattern from patternworks it was my surprise Christmas gift. I too have made several of the scarves all given away. :)

They are very addictive! I have made about eight of them and only kept two. I want more for me :D I have also altered the length - I have done a few the full length, some half the length and a few at about 3/4 the lenght. Half the length is almost too short but I actually like the 3/4 the best :yes I have a skein of Jiffy that is lined up for another one (for me :lol )

I've made 3 and taught someone at work to crochet and she made 5. They work up so fast. I made one in just a couple of hours on Thanksgiving between dinner and dessert. Great quick pattern with a great look.

They are just so quick and turn out so nice. I just love the pattern.

I made a few more for my daughter and her friends. I like them because you see a product very fast.

:manyheart

I love making them, too. As gifts, they're quick and classy. I'm thinking about doing one using the - what is it called? - double crochet foundation base stitch thingy. The one that's stretchy and looks like sc on both sides. Y'all know what I mean??? I like using that when I'm having to work on both sides of a chain. Though even working in the back of the chain, this is one easy peasy scarf!

I saw this pattern yesterday and made one last night in Paton wool in a bright teal color. Speedy, fun and easy! I think I'm going to wind up with LOTS of these....

Thanks to the original poster who pointed this out!

Archived