How may times has this happened to you?

I usually buy my yarn at Michaels,Joann's or Walmart. But I needed the Bamboo soft to crochet the Meerkat, any only my LYS carried it. I went in to get just 2 balls of this, and walked out with $175.00 less in my wallet.I know I have and addiction to yarn, but I think a drug habit would be cheaper (just kidding BTW):eek

Luckilly, never to that extent. I've gone in to browse or for one particular item and come back with more, but I try like crazy not to spend that much at any one time. (It helps if I only take cash in and no cards...)

I hate to tell you this but my Michaels had the bamboo soft on sale this week.:hook

I was also in Michaels yesterday and saw the Bernat bamboo yarn they had on sale, it is thicker and bumpy than the RY bamboo.

Totally! It really is an addiction. Even now I TRY to be good, but there are times when I have to try something new. LYS are dangerous because they have so many more exoctic choices. I think it is ok to splurge once in a while. Good luck with the Meerkat pattern.

I don't know how it happens, but it happens to me too. I go in for ONE item and several piles more follow me to the register. Last week I went in for ONE hook, came out with 3 hook, (none the one I went in for), 10 skeins of yarn (for my yarn swap partner) a pattern booklet and a bag of potpourri (sp). Almost had to use my teeth to get the two sheets of sitckers I found at check out counter, because of course for one tiny bamboo H hook you don't need a cart or basket, right?

I usually buy my yarn at Michaels,Joann's or Walmart. But I needed the Bamboo soft to crochet the Meerkat, any only my LYS carried it. I went in to get just 2 balls of this, and walked out with $175.00 less in my wallet.I know I have and addiction to yarn, but I think a drug habit would be cheaper (just kidding BTW):eek

It wasn't your fault; yarn has mind of it's own. In all due seriousness, it jumped into your arms and demanded to be adopted. Happens to me all the time! :hook

I would know that I have gone INSANE if I ever spent that much on 2 skeins of yarn!!! (or maybe I would have just won the lottery!) :yay :yay

I didn't spend that much on just 2 skeins, I only went into the store to buy 2 and came out with more. If I ever spent that much on just 2, I would have myself commited

Oh my Gosh.....I can't breathe!!!!!! Quick a paper sack....I'm hyperventilating!!!!! My DH would have a "coronary" if I ever spent THAT much on yarn, not to mention that our food budget would be in the NEGATIVE category for the month.

Archived