Green Wrap/Shawl (Pattern Ref Added)

purlwise

I've finally finished my wrap/shawl! This crazy thing started out being an afghan from my stash, then I ran out of yarn (I didn't have as much yarn as I thought)! So then it became a wrap, then I ran out of yarn making the fringe! So I put a big shout out to the Crochetville crowd to find some more of the same and JoAnn (a.k.a. CrazyCrochet) came to my rescue and graciously went to the store, picked me up two skeins, and mailed them from Michigan out to me in Maryland! Thanks again JoAnn:hug ! The yarn is TLC Amore in Celery. TFL!

IMG_2051.jpg

Very easy V-stitch! This close-up is closer to the true yarn color.

IMG_2048.jpg

Added*** Thanks to everyone for the compliments! The basis for my wrap/shawl pattern is from the "Summer Lilacs" afghan pattern in the July 2007 issue of Crochet! magazine, page 77. Medium worsted weight yarn and a J hook are used. I used both the Back Zigzag and the Front Zigzag stitches, but omitted the Puff stitchs that would have gone in rows between each row of zigzags (or V's). Instead I used two rows of hdcs in place of the puffs. I also added fringe which is not in the pattern. The pattern is worked from side to side (longways) instead of from one end to the other. It was very easy and wipped up very quickly. Thanks! :)

What a beautiful gift. The wrap is stunning. I may have to try that pattern, I am looking for a shawl-wrap pattern for my sister for Christmas. Guess what? I am using the TCL yarn I got on sale for it. :D I am so glad I could be of help to you. :hook

Added*** Thanks to everyone for the compliments! The basis for my wrap/shawl pattern is from the "Summer Lilacs" afghan pattern in the July 2007 issue of Crochet! magazine, page 77. Medium worsted weight yarn and a J hook are used. I used both the Back Zigzag and the Front Zigzag stitches, but omitted the Puff stitchs that would have gone in rows between each row of zigzags (or V's). Instead I used two rows of hdcs in place of the puffs. I also added fringe which is not in the pattern. The pattern is worked from side to side (longways) instead of from one end to the other. It was very easy and wipped up very quickly. Thanks! :)

Thanks for adding where you got the pattern from. I have that issue, I'm sure, because I remember the Lilac afghan. You did a great job in converting the pattern and making it a shawl.

Debbi

Archived